ICM 1/35th scale CH-54 Landing Gear

Bradley25mm

All,

Haven’t been logged on in a while. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, for those who are unaware of it. This is an extremely detailed kit. Goes together great. The one major downfall, Is the kit supplied landing gear. This is absolutely the softest plastic I’ve ever seen. I would not bother even trying to use them. Even with the model completed, it is extremely unstable, and wobbles a lot. I snapped one of mine off after barely hitting it on something.
           Aerocraft models has metal aftermarket gear available. Because of a high demand for the replacement gear, it could take anywhere from 3 to 4as production is currently in overdrive to get these produced. ICM produced an amazing kit. The landing gear is the only downfall.

Regards

Christopher

347EB837-D8E8-47AC-8EC3-CFAA50AD76BB.png

Sort of reminds me of a few of the old Revell 1/32 aircraft kits from the late 60s and early 70s which had weak gear legs. I attributed it to both the quality of the plastic as well as their attempt to make them more to "scale". Unfortunately, being less bulky also made them a bit wobbly. And if you brush painted them with a heavy solvent based paint like Floquil, they got even weaker!

Thanks for the heads up!

Gil :cool: