1/48 BF-109E-7

jcasilimas

Hi

I want to share my first work with PE...

Its a Tamiya BF-109E7 and Eduard sets 48-445 and 49220

0902030023.jpg

0902030025.jpg

I started with the PE process:

0902060027.jpg

0902080028.jpg

0902080030.jpg

0902080032.jpg

0902080034.jpg

0902080035.jpg

0902100041.jpg

0902100039.jpg

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome

Javier

Wow! Great pictures, can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks Don.

I will be using a SKG-210 (S9+CD)

Javier

I remember now, you posted that allready

My 2 OOB Tamiya Emil's that scale is on the bench now

375755623.jpg

Just finished decaling that tonite, need to seal the decals with gloss then wash through what needs it then flatcoat and some exhaust staining,

375333237.jpg

That one I'm waiting on decals on from this sheet to get here

http://www.airconnection.on.ca/HUSSAR/DECA...SSAR_48d001.htm

Bottom "White 5"..if they don't show up soon I'm going to start another kit (I've a bunch in the stash :P ) and do that one in a 7/JG 53 pattern that doesn't have the swastika on the rudder. JG 53 flew for a time with them painted out and I've pictures of a plane I've wanted to do for awhile. I'll have to bash the decals but not a problem with the stash I have

Looking good. Keep a eye on those tailplanes and the supports, Tamiya molded the support struts a bit to short since theres a leather boot there that the museum plane they copied didn't have so if you use them for alignment you'll get a downward cant on them, I always use this as a guide

165459555.jpg

:smiley17: Sorry Don, but that drawing (for some reason) made me flash back to my very first model, the cherry red 1/48 Aurora Me-109! It only had about a dozen parts, with SOLID wings, no gear wells, gear and gear covers molded as one, no cockpit-just a "half a pilot" molded with each fuselage half! BUT, they didn't forget those ever important tailplane supports! I'm not sure that I didn't forget them when I built it, but they were in there!

As the ad used to say....we've come a l-o-n-g way baby! Those Tamigawa Bf-109E's are da bomb, and you guys are doin' 'em right! Show us some more! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

:smiley17: Sorry Don, but that drawing (for some reason) made me flash back to my very first model, the cherry red 1/48 Aurora Me-109! It only had about a dozen parts, with SOLID wings, no gear wells, gear and gear covers molded as one, no cockpit-just a "half a pilot" molded with each fuselage half! BUT, they didn't forget those ever important tailplane supports! I'm not sure that I didn't forget them when I built it, but they were in there!

As the ad used to say....we've come a l-o-n-g way baby! Those Tamigawa Bf-109E's are da bomb, and you guys are doin' 'em right! Show us some more! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

I never had that one as a kid, my 1st Emil was in the Revell 1/72nd scale Battle of Britian set, loved to find one of those someday in decent shape just to hang on the hobby room wall :P

That shaded out pretty good, I've always done a wash after the fact but might try that next Emil that scale I do (got another in mind after the 2 on the bench are done)

amazing, one of the best things i have ever seen.....waiting for you finish it.

Hey Ying

Thanks for stay tune... I'm working out of New York, but I have some new pictures..

img4133m.jpg

Masking for the dark green

img4136cf.jpg

img4138w.jpg

before the futura coat

img4141t.jpg

img4145n.jpg

Starting decal process:

img4154.jpg

img4155.jpg

That's all for now...I'll be posting more pictures soon..

Thanks for looking...

Comments are welcome

Javier

thank you.

you show us the process and we can learn a lot form your job.

actually this is the first time i see the whole process of building a plane with PE.

i guess i should be not easy to dig these holes and they really make this one looks much more accurate.

hope you enjoy your work. :)

Ying

I always saw the PE installed, but never saw the process... and its not easy, we are learning!!

It's my first time working with PE!!

Decals are done:

200910202219.jpg

img4167u.jpg

200910202221.jpg

Then... a post shading process:

img4208e.jpg

img4215.jpg

img4213.jpg

Comments are welcome

Thanks for looking