Hartmann F-86 Hobbycraft Natural Metal

wdedig

Greetings
This is my last Hartmann aircraft.(for a little bit). I plan on a collection display after contacting "Bases by Bill" for an assist
66_c29ca58618dff0149615b84659c11ca0.jpg
This is the very nice Hobbycraft F-86 Canadair Mk 6 with slated wing. Flown by Erich Hartmann after his rejoining of  the West German Air Force. A few additions to kit, sugar scoops on fuselage sides, wine bottles seal seatbelts, scratch-built intake F.O.D. covered added a missing vent on upper port fuselage.

66_cf106999587dd94592f54cf9a7e5512a.jpg
The model was completed with Alclad metals over gloss black Tamiya rattle can. Sealed with Alclad Aqua Gloss. Markings are from the Peddinghaus manufacturer. They are a bit of challenge to cut each decal but they work fantastic and settle down super. The clear mostly disappears over the Alclad Aqua Gloss
66_cc06a1f5c027383923ba8a01b87e5293_t.jpg
Thanks For Looking
Comments Always Welcome
Cheers Bill D
Edited by wdedig
Name mistake corrected
  • Like 1

SWEET!! I saw this on FB and was hoping you'd post it here too. What scale is this model? I'm guessing 1/72 simply because I'm not aware of a slatted "E" wing kit in 1/48. Gorgeous results with one of the sharpest schemes  available for a Saberjet!

Gil:cool:

2 hours ago, ghodges said:

SWEET!! I saw this on FB and was hoping you'd post it here too. What scale is this model? I'm guessing 1/72 simply because I'm not aware of a slatted "E" wing kit in 1/48. Gorgeous results with one of the sharpest schemes  available for a Saberjet!

Gil:cool:

Thanks Gil .

It is 1/72nd and a Hobbycraft kit.They do the best F-86 in that scale (in my Opinion)

I post here but it's a bit lackluster on reply or feedback.

I'll keep kicking the can down the street, who knows

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1

Excellent result and a fabulous finish. My experience, however limited it may be, with Hobbycraft kits is that they can be kind of, well, basic and fit can be iffy. If that was the case here, you did a super job overcoming any limitations. 

4 hours ago, Ron Bell said:

Excellent result and a fabulous finish. My experience, however limited it may be, with Hobbycraft kits is that they can be kind of, well, basic and fit can be iffy. If that was the case here, you did a super job overcoming any limitations. 

This F-86 was not a bad kit at all. Fit was acceptable and although a little weak in some details, overall the exterior is quite nice.

Thanks for the feedback

Bill

• 6 months later...

I missed this back in April. Wow! Love your NMF work on this build.