WTB: 1/72 Airfix Short Skyvan (2002 release version)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 10:33 AM, Piedmont said:

Is this the Airfix Skyvan kit with the NASA markings? If you have not yet picked up a copy, I likely have an extra in my stash that I can part with.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

Sorry for the late response to your entry Mike, but I did indeed find this Airfix kit available from an eBay seller and pulled the trigger on it.  

I'm not a 1/72 aircraft builder at all, but this is the only scale this kit is available in so I went for it.  

My intention is to duplicate the Argentine "Death Flight" planes that was were used during the  'dirty war' of 1976-1983; it is alleged the Argentine junta committed hundreds of acts of murder by pushing political prisoners out of this plane to their deaths.  The plane was 'blacked out' i.e., all the markings were removed, all windows painted over, the victims then were drugged and loaded into the plane where, once over the ocean or the Rio de la Plata, were dumped out.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:37 AM, Piedmont said:

No problem, glad that you were able to find a copy. Good luck with your build, that will be a very emotionally moving model when it is built.

Mike

Hey Mike, the Airfix Skyvan kit I bought from a seller on eBay was missing an entire half of the fuselage, which I didn't know when I bought it.  If you still have your kit available for sale, I'll buy it from you.  Let me know, thanks, Kip J.

Hi Kip

Wow, that is a bummer. I do have a few extra Skyvan kits as my name is listed as an acknowledgement in the kit for helping do some research on the NASA decals in the kit. I'll only build one so I'll be happy to sell you my spare. I'll see if I can send you my email address using PM and we can carry this conversation on without tying up the forum. FYI, I may be out of contact for a few days as I go in for surgery on my hand (yup, it is modeling hand!) and I might not be able to get online a quickly as I would like. I will respond as soon as I can type with one finger!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Mike,

I am looking for 2 more Skyvan kits and haven't had any luck.  Even wrote to Airfix asking if they are considering rereleasing it under the Vintage Classics.

PM me please if you have 1-2 for sale.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Update, I did manage to get a Skyvan off of evilbay so have both of my what ifs covered.

I will keep looking for one more.

Hi Phil! First of all, Happy Holidays! I have been really busy this past month or so and have not been regularly checking into the forum so I missed your earlier post on the Skyvan. I believe that I do have an extra Skyvan for you if you still need one. I'll be mostly away from home until after the New Year but will search for it when I can. It should not be too hard as I believe I know where the Skyvans are lurking in my stash. 

Have a great New Years holiday and I'll search for the Skyvan kit for you.

Have fun modeling

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks Mike.

No rush.

Happy New Year.

Phil