How to remove Tamiya panel liner

Pratt

So after years and years of making my own blends of panel liners, I figured I'd try Tamiya's Black Panel liner. Works well enough and is convenient. I let it dry (as per the instructions on the bottle) and then tried to remove and blend it with the paint using  Tamiya X-20. Now My paint job underneath is completely ruined. It went through the gloss coat, the final paint coat and into the primer. I'm sick as a dog over here after all the work I've put into this kit to have the paint get destroyed. I'm already resigned to having repaint the spots that are worn through, but any thoughts on how to remove the dried panel liner that is all over the finish without further damaging the paint?
Thanks in advance,

Mark

• 2 months later...

You could try mineral spirits from the hardware store, that is what I use to wipe away Tamiya panel liner. It should not effect Tamiya acrylic paints, especially if you have a clear coat on the model. I would suggest using a cotton swab with mineral spirits on it and gently try to whip away the panel liner color.