WTB: Revell 1/192 Westinghouse Atomic Power Plant # H-1550 (released 1959-1961)

They occasionally show up on eBay at outrageous prices. Are you prepared to pay as much as $1,500.00? This probably one of the rarest kits ever. I think it was only in Revell’s catalog for a year. It was a poor seller when new.

I built that when I was a kid. It as a huge kit for back then and was molded in several colors. As I recall, the containment building was in halves and could be posed showing the reactor core open or closed as it would have normally looked. There were several moving parts and I recall having a bit of difficulty just getting everything together as fit was problematic for a young modeler. It came with a paper 'diorama' base to set it on and had a little booklet about how atomic power worked. I played with it a bit, but it wasn't as fun as zooming an airplane model around the room or pushing a tank model across the floor. It wasn't even that fun to blow up, of course that was before The China Syndrome or Chernobyl.  

Edited by Ron Bell

Thanks for the comments, fellas.  I know this is a very rare kit and I've seen the redonkulous prices on flea-bay for it, which, of course, I'll never cough up for.  Maybe some day I'll be weirdly lucky enough to come across it in an estate sale.  Just thought I'd ask here to see if there was any hope whatsoever

There is a mint condition, complete kit on display at the Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh. It's behind glass....