Dragon Vs Zvezda 1/72 Su-24

MarkYoungCrewChief

A friend has lost the tail pipe nozzle part (#C-13) from his 1/72nd Dragon Su-24 Flanker D kit, Dragon kit number 2502. I have been trying help him and locate a kit, but have been unable to. OOP, for sure. Other than knowing that the Flanker is a Soviet aircraft with a pointy end (no prop), I know nothing about the variants or the various kits produced.

Is the Zvezda 1/72nd Su-24 kit (#ZV7265) the same as the Dragon 2502? Are the parts interchangable? Will the tail pipe nozzles from another variant of the Su-24 fit the Flanker D?

I am ready to pay a reasonable price for a Dragon Flanker D kit and failing that, purchase any Flanker kit with a usable part.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

- Hello Mark, Sorry it has taken so long for me to give you a reply. Assuming you and your friend have not been able to solve the puzzle yet, I have some intel for you.

- I have three different Dragon 1/72 releases of the Su-24:

Su-24M Fencer D, kit #2502

Su-24 Fencer C, kit #2503

Su-24MR/MP Fencer E/F, kit #2516

And I also have a Zvezda release:

Su-24M (Cy-24M), kit #7267

- I have compared all of the sprues with the part in question (Dragon part no. C-13) and they are without any doubt the same part in all 4 kits. So, any of these kits listed will get you the correct part.

- And for the special bonus of the day..........ding, ding, ding....since I have now found that I basically have four of these kits, and will most likely not be building all of them in the next year or so, if you and your buddy have not located a replacement kit yet, PM me an address where I can ship the part (C-13) so your buddy can get to finishing his model. I'll figure out a way to make a copy of this part later, or just turn one into some Sci-Fi creation. Read ya later.

Ken,

I have replied to you kind offer by PM - or at least I think I have, and have not heard back from you. No hurry on the part or anything, just wanting to confirm (or deny) your receipt of my email. Email me at myoungcc at gmail.com if you please.

Thanks for your kind offer,

Mark

Ken,

I have replied to you kind offer by PM - or at least I think I have, and have not heard back from you. No hurry on the part or anything, just wanting to confirm (or deny) your receipt of my email. Email me at myoungcc at gmail.com if you please.

Thanks for your kind offer,

Mark

- Hi Mark, Inbound email. Part extracted and to be shipped tomorrow or Saturday.

- OK Mark, the part went out this afternoon at the post office. You may receive it as soon as Tuesday and hopefully no later than Friday. Please, drop me a note when it arrives. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Ken

Thanks for the heads up. Again, thank you for your consideration. Rest assured I will pass the favor forward.

I'll let you know as soon as I can of it's arrival. Internet connection is spotty here on the hilltop.

Happy Modeling

Mark

Ken

Thanks for the heads up. Again, thank you for your consideration. Rest assured I will pass the favor forward.

I'll let you know as soon as I can of it's arrival. Internet connection is spotty here on the hilltop.

Happy Modeling

Mark

since I have now found that I basically have four of these kits, and will most likely not be building all of them in the next year or so,

Ken, as for the rest of those kits, if you do not think you will be building them, I'd be happy to take one off your hands. I believe the D or C version was given to the Iraqi's and I've been wanting to get one to make Iraqi. If you'd like, save it for me to get at Phoenix and that just might be the bird I build in your commuunal build at the hotel. Or of you want to clear space, PM me the price and postage and I'll reply with my snail mail address.