ICM 1/48 Junkers Ju-88A-8 "Paravane"

66Foxtrot

This was built for an IPMS/USA Reviwers' Corps article to be published soon. The kit is very detailed, and goes together well. I added some Eduard PE seatbelts, but otherwise it's OOB. The paravane blade was intended to cut the steel cables tethering the barrage balloons over London during the Battle of Britain. Those crazy Germans and their ideas....

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Edited by 66Foxtrot
  • Like 1

Sweet looking build! That had to be an unwelcome addition to the plane in view of the pilots..... and probably not their idea! Is there any record of whether it actually worked without damaging the plane? Congrats, and thanks for building for the reviewer corp.

Gil :cool:

On 2/19/2023 at 3:56 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Wow! You did a sensational job on this James! Way to go!

Thank you for your work on the Reviewer's Corps as well.

Thanks, Duke, I appreciate it.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:06 PM, ghodges said:

Sweet looking build! That had to be an unwelcome addition to the plane in view of the pilots..... and probably not their idea! Is there any record of whether it actually worked without damaging the plane? Congrats, and thanks for building for the reviewer corp.

Gil :cool:

Outside of the info provided in the instructions' intro, I couldn't find ANYTHING about these variants. I think only a few were modified, and they were very difficult to fly. An unsuccessful program. I'm scratching my head over why they didn't just shoot the balloons down like they did in WWI?

• Like 1