Gaspatch Henschel Hs-123 B1

Dakimbrell

This is my first completion of the year. I started it on December 28 so you can see it is a quick build. I was very impressed with the fit of the model and the only problem was getting the windscreen in place. paints used were mostly Tamiya with lacquer thinner.

The decals went on ok but did need a setting solution. After dull coating, I found a few tiny silvering spots and fixed them with a drop of MEK.

The figure is from Aero Bonus and was made to look a bit like Adolf Galland. The markings are for his aircraft in 1939 during the invasion of Poland. The scheme is the prewar RLM 61/62/63/65 splinter pattern.

I recommend the kit.

Dak

FINISHED_6309.jpg

FINISHED_6310.jpg

FINISHED_6314.jpg

FINISHED_6315.jpg

FINISHED_6317.jpg

• Like 1

Very sharp looking build and display of a plane that most people don't associate with Galland's early career! If he hadn't faked Rheumatism to get out of flying open cockpit planes (and change from dive bombing to fighters), he'd never become a famous ace and General of the Fighters! That's going to catch a lot of eyes, especially with that camo scheme. Thanks for sharing!

Gil :cool:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ghodges said:

Galland's early career! If he hadn't faked Rheumatism to get out of flying open cockpit planes

Yes, i noted this in the article I submitted to the Journal.

Dak

• Like 1

Excellent work. Assume that's 1/48? Here's the ancient Airfix 1/71. Primitive and basic, but still looks good on a shelf. I always liked the looks of that aircraft. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b34632359328d49cd542cb0b54abc3da.jpeg

• Like 2

I use a greeting card program on my computer and print it on photo paper. I then seal it with a clear laminating sheet or clear packing tape depending on the size.

Look for the program at Office Depot or perhaps on line. 

Dak