Display only for 2023 Nats?

Will there be a display only category or area for the 2023 Nats? Didn’t see one listed for the 2023 categories. If there will be, will registration be any different from the usual categories (entry fee, registration process, etc.)?

Given the success of the past few conventions in having display only tables; I'd say they would be remiss in not including them. It would be ideal having them all in the contest room again, but with room and space constrictions, that may not be possible. In those cases, I urgently encourage all fellow IPMS members to stop in and see all these wonderful models that others bring to display.

I've made good use of display only space in the past and hope they'll have some in Texas. That said, though it does limit the number of models you may want to bring, you can simply bring your models and "display" them in the regular categories. If you're registered for the convention it doesn't cost you anything buy the time to fill out the forms. The only real down side is it makes more work for the judges...... though most of my entries, whether for real or display, don't take long to judge and move on past!

Gil :cool:

Yours take more consideration than mine Gil! You do things I am afraid to even consider. But yes, I agree about making more work for the judges. That is why I was thrilled to see the display only tables in Phoenix, Chattanooga and even Las Vegas. So many more models to look at that I never would have seen or never see again since they were past winners. Those three conventions have shown the viability of the idea, as well as the popularity, given how much the display tables were populated.

Omaha didn't have a display space as they were limited on size of the venue.

I don't recall the size of the space in San Marcos so we shall see.

I personally am a big fan of display space and club and SIG group tables at shows though this is more common in England.

Greetings All,

Unfortunately, our space, as similar to Omaha, will be limited and priority will be given to the contest tables. Once we are done finalizing the tables committed to others in the hallways (IPMS/USA, Registration, Door Prizes, Podcasters, etc) we'll make a final decision on how many tables we can dedicate to display only. If we do have display only tables, they are going to be in the hallways of the convention center. All other spaces within convention rooms are full and very tight.

We'll make a call by late spring and let everyone know what our decision is.

Best Regards,

Len

Airbrush Cannon - icon.jpg

Hi Len,

I understand about the space limitations but if you can find a table for the Reviewer Corps, that would be awesome.  If not, no problem.

Having display tables in the hallways, especially along the away to the contest room would be a bonus! Nobody could pass them by without at least seeing they are there. Good luck with that!

11 minutes ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Having display tables in the hallways, especially along the away to the contest room would be a bonus! Nobody could pass them by without at least seeing they are there. Good luck with that!

Only problem is security if stuff is left out overnight.  We would need a space where they could be Locke up at night and then brought back to the hall ways each morning.

That is true. Possibly a security officer stationed in said hallway could work too, then again unless it's a volunteer; the cost will just add up.

Yeah, I'm very sensitive to models being stolen after losing so many in the past.