One of Six Completed by the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Here it is as promised. This is the Italeri 1/72 scale CH53D Jolly Green Giant helicopter:

US%20CH53%20D%20Jolly%20Green%20Giant%20I.JPG

US%20CH53%20D%20Jolly%20Green%20Giant%20II.JPG

US%20CH53%20D%20Jolly%20Green%20Giant%20III.JPG

It ain't as good as I wanted it to be, but I got tired of repairing the tail rotors. This one is done.

The other five finished models are shown in the Armor and Ships Forums. Feel free to check them out as well.

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

Looks good. I've always liked that SEA camo. makes any subject look ready for combat. This sure looks like a big step up from old revell kit I built when I was a kid. Nice work. Thanks for posting it.

Chris

That's funny, it don't look like the dude on the veggie commercials :lol:

I just finished a SEA scheme on the Monogram AC-47. Used lots of tape. How did you accomplish yours? It turned out very well.

Glenn

Thanks for the compliments guys. I appreciate it.

Glenn, when I painted my SEA scheme, I free-handed the pattern. I didn't use any tape. I just used a brush to paint the outlines of the different colors over the basecoat and then filled them with a slightly wider brush.

Chris, I agree. I love the SEA camo pattern.

Gil, thanks!

Whoa, hold on a minute. You brushed it? Dude, that's all right! Beats masking, mixing and then purging the old airbrush after every color! I used to brush every one I did, but have only brushed a couple over the past couple of years. It's still a blast.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Yeah. sometimes I just would rather brush than airbrush these kinds of patterns. Especially when I kept breaking off tail rotors every time I turned the thing! I agree though, it is a blast painting these patterns.