What real cars look like

A matter of preference and timing. Either way could be correct. 

These cars never start a race in that condition but they certainly finish that way.  At the start of the race, they are alway clean of grime. They may have some paint dings but the sponsors frown on that.  The grime is removed at the start so the mechanics can see fluids and other stuff leaking.  24 hours at race speed will certainly cause a lot of grime to accumulate. 

Edited by PeteJ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PeteJ said:

A matter of preference and timing. Either way could be correct. 

These cars never start a race in that condition but they certainly finish that way.  At the start of the race, they are alway clean of grime. They may have some paint dings but the sponsors frown on that.  The grime is removed at the start so the mechanics can see fluids and other stuff leaking.  24 hours at race speed will certainly cause a lot of grime to accumulate. 

Dennis Kohlber[?] gave a seminar at the Nats a few years back on how he commission-built race subjects for specific points in a race, such as hour 16 at LeMans.  References are a must to add the appropriate amount of road grime as well as damages and/or replaced items such as wings/spoilers.  Correct tire wear?

Also, I asked on my Forums about race cars that had decals/markings that are in some way incorrect, crooked, etc.>> https://forum.f1m.com/viewtopic.php?p=355696#p355696 

This might be one of those things that a judge could see as a mistake and if they are not checking the entry sheet....

Eric

• Like 1

Some years back, I had the chance to look a a genuine nascar racer close enough to touch, which I did. At that time, all the stickers were just that, stickers. You could feel they. Not smooth at all. I know now things are different with wraps and such. I remember one race I glimpsed part of and there was a bumper sticker flapping like a flag.

Dak