Work in progress of the hg 1/144 Doans Zaku 2

CobraPla

Hi currently working on on the recently released hg 1:144 Doans Zaku 2 from Cucuruz Doans Island Gundam movie. 

I'll be updating my progress from start to finish please enjoy.

So far the model still had a good amount of work to be done. I will also be including a base as well. 

20220927_194901.jpg

20220929_210210.jpg

20221002_183157.jpg

20221003_201139.jpg

20221004_201603.jpg

Very nicely done! Although that red dot in the face makes me think "Cylon"; I almost expect it to start moving back and forth.😆

I know... wrong universe!

Keep it coming!

• Haha 1

I wonder what Sunrise/Bandai was thinking when they designed the damage on Doan’s Zaku.  Were there hungry mice on the island?  I know the “long nose” thing was homage to the old TV show, but I dunno, I’m not really a fan of it.  At least they didn’t do a “tall head” Gundam!  😜

So are you going to make a rock for the Zaku to throw?  How about the Brown Tristars, I mean the Southern Cross, Hi Mobility Zakus?  Does the Bandai kit allow you to make any one of the five?  Wow, 5 Pee Bandai kits - sounds expensive!  Curse you Bandai.

I was fortunate enough to get to see the movie last week in the theater, and enjoyed it.  The theater was pretty empty, probably because it wasn’t Wing Gundam.  🤮

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mark Deliduka said:

Very nicely done! Although that red dot in the face makes me think "Cylon"; I almost expect it to start moving back and forth.😆

I know... wrong universe!

Keep it coming!

Hmmm speaking of cylon... I just might have to post something related to that. Appreciate it!

On 10/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, Neo said:

I wonder what Sunrise/Bandai was thinking when they designed the damage on Doan’s Zaku.  Were there hungry mice on the island?  I know the “long nose” thing was homage to the old TV show, but I dunno, I’m not really a fan of it.  At least they didn’t do a “tall head” Gundam!  😜

So are you going to make a rock for the Zaku to throw?  How about the Brown Tristars, I mean the Southern Cross, Hi Mobility Zakus?  Does the Bandai kit allow you to make any one of the five?  Wow, 5 Pee Bandai kits - sounds expensive!  Curse you Bandai.

I was fortunate enough to get to see the movie last week in the theater, and enjoyed it.  The theater was pretty empty, probably because it wasn’t Wing Gundam.  🤮

So far I don't plan on having any giant rocks to be thrown 😅.

But my prediction on the Hi mobility zakus is that one includes all the parts.. which in turn you got to buy all 5. I'd rather do that than one large box. 

Yep, “Pee” Bandai.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/09/bandai-hobby-teases-hg-1144-high.html?m=1

Curse you Bandai, for urinating on the aspirations of Gunpla fans outside of Japan.  Bandai-San, you sakku.  😡

On 10/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, Neo said:

Yea pban be like that though... which is weird cus they announced the new hg Guncannon as a non pban..

Face palm.. 

Very nice!  What’s next?  The Gundam?  Or a GM that has fallen on and busted its head?  😜  Poor Sleggar, I was not expecting that to happen!

18 hours ago, Neo said:

Very nice!  What’s next?  The Gundam?  Or a GM that has fallen on and busted its head?  😜  Poor Sleggar, I was not expecting that to happen!

Unfortunately I have to wait for pban to release those.. classic peeban  

Actually I'm working on my own mg equivalent to the HG pbandam rx 78 rollout version. I have a bunch of photos of the custom work on my social media.

For those who watched the movie, did anyone notice two peculiarities - Doan’s standard Zaku had a moveable flap on the backpack that exposed the rocket engines when in use, and the Hi Mobility Zakus just had solid ribbed soles instead of the expected thrusters and skirts like on a Dom?

On 10/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, Neo said:

For those who watched the movie, did anyone notice two peculiarities - Doan’s standard Zaku had a moveable flap on the backpack that exposed the rocket engines when in use, and the Hi Mobility Zakus just had solid ribbed soles instead of the expected thrusters and skirts like on a Dom?

Yea those hi mobility zakus in the film are outfitted for ground use. Kinda silly to think about but I'm sure a prelude to the Dom. 

No silly at all, since there always was a nod to technological evolution of the MS designs in Gundam.  But the Hi Mobility Zakus had solid horizontal ribbed soles with no thrusters, which I thought odd.

I suppose the Zaku backpack flap is a retcon of the original design, which lacked thruster detail.