2022 IPMS Nationals Post-Convention Survey Results

Hi IPMS Members,

I have enclosed the results of the 2022 IPMS Nationals Post-Convention Survey.

Thank you to the 347 respondents that shared feedback on their show experience. Your feedback is vital to capture what IPMS does well and what we have to improve on for every aspect of the show. This survey was only sent to registered attendees, but be on the lookout for more membership surveys in the future.

If you have questions or recommendations concerning the survey please email ipmsusa2ndvp@ipmsusa.org.

Cheers,

John Bonanni IPMS 2VP

2022 IPMS Nationals Survey Results.pdf

Is there any way to get a further breakdown in responses, such as the answer percentages for those who were first time attendees, versus the same answers for those who've attended 5-10 Nats, versus those who've attended 20 or more Nats? That might be a bit more perceptive than the percentages on the whole...

Gil :cool:

I don't think they asked how many Nats one had attended, just if it was your first or not, so the data is not there for such a breakdown. Or did I forget that part? However, it is a suggestion for future surveys going forward. One thing to keep in mind is that there is a point where if a survey is too long/involved, people just won't take the time to fill it out. Then your response level goes down and thus the validity of your data. You've got to figure out what you want/need to know and just ask questions about that and to avoid "mission creep". Maybe have a central core of questions you ask every time, but then have some more detailed ones about different areas of the show each time. One year you ask more detailed questions about the contest, the next about the awards ceremony, etc. Just a thought. 

One year? Why once a year?

We could run an experiment in the Journal: a quick survey with a QR code (and a big survey button at the top of each page on the website)... the number of responses to a series of short single-subject surveys might tell us how many people actually pay attention.

Want to improve participation? Offer a $1 discount on membership renewal for each survey completed after 4 or 5 and see if the number of respondents increases.

• Like 2

Yeah.... I was just thinking that first time attendees are generally going to be a bit more enthusiastic in their responses for the most part, be more likely to not attend the banquet or seminars (and thus have no input to those questions), might have issues with registration just because of their inexperience, and do nothing but rave about the vendors.

On the other hand, jaded old attendees like myself could tend to be more critical of things on the whole simply because ANY problem anywhere will be more likely to be noticed. 

Looks like the poll, as conducted gives a good overview of the Omaha Nats. While it would be nice to have more detailed analysis, Ron is right in that our members have a low tolerance for participation in such things.

Gil :cool:

I've been to several Nats and enjoyed every minute of the Omaha show, (even the 14 hour one way drive lol).

No complaints at all from me. :smiley20: 

Edited by TheDude