Off topic but pertains to Nats!!!

A long time ago, when I was at FSM, Paul Boyer and I talked about doing an IPMS band...

How many Nats attendees are actually musicians, and would anyone be interested in perhaps doing an IPMS Open Jam one of the nights of the 2024 National Convention in Madison, WI?

As a full-time musician, I'd provide everything, guitars, bass, amps, PA, drums, all you'd have to do is show up and pick up an instrument. We'd just mix-and-match musicians and see where it goes. Absolute worst-case scenario, we plug an Ipod into the PA and we've got music. 😉

Thinking of combining this with one of the after-show hospitality events at the convention site.

This gives us two full years to put our heads together and come up with a bunch of 3-chord songs to entertain our fellow modelers.

Anyone interested??

JH

Bass guitar player here.. Haven't played on stage for years though. I'm an '80's hair band refugee but I'll only play country music behind Shania Twain (or whatever else she wants to play) any day!! 😄 Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it to Madison, sounds like it wound be fun idea though!  

• Like 1

I play 6-string and 12-string guitars (acoustic) and 5-string banjo, and am trying to get my 76-year-old fingers to learn mandolin. My repertoire is folk, country-folk, and folk-rock. I can also sing lead vocals and harmony.

Having said that, I don’t know if I’ll be attending Madison in 2024. At my age, that’s too far ahead. But I’ll be at San Marcos next year.

Edited by SkyKing
  • Like 1

I would love to see this. I can only sing right now; currently I'm a baritone in my church choir. I can sing anything in my range though.

My six-string acoustical guitar is far too rusty, and I don't even know if I can afford to get the strings replaced. Then again I don't expect to be attending Madison anyway.

If this happens. I sure hope someone films and posts it!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten enough feedback from musician-modelers that I've decided to push ahead with it. We'll hold it on Thursday evening, during Happy Hour, in the atrium area. 

The ONLY thing I can't provide is left-handed instruments. If you're a lefty, bring your own!!

Jeff

• Like 1