Stripe Decals

nmertes

Many years ago, Scalemaster (I think) produced sheets of stripes in various colors & widths.  I seem to remember they were available in black, white, red, blue, & yellow.  Sprue Brothers shows black & white sheets but, no other colors.  Do any of ya'll know if any of the other decal companies produce anything similar?

Edited by nmertes
added text

Fantasy Printshop from  the UK makes a set of missile warhead/motor bands.   Check their catalog for other colors.    Ive made the purchase of a single set from them and it was rather painless.   With the exchange rate of less than 1:1 it may be a good time to look there

Missile-bands-1-72-scale.jpg

I have several of the old MicroScale and Scale Master stripe sets. I just want to give a cautionary note on them....

My sheets are pretty old and those stripes tend to be fragile and break easily. SO, if you can buy sheets that are "newer" from the manufacturer, go for it. But I'd advise against buying from someone's private stock or even from a vendor. You can put a coating over them to keep them from breaking, but then you lose a lot of their flexibility making them much harder to apply, especially around tight tubular things like missiles.

I've also used the Woodland Scenic dry transfer stripes and they work well EXCEPT for trying to bend and burnish them over round/tubular shapes. They might work if they were applied and sealed onto a clear decal sheet, and then cut out and applied to the model/object.

Hope this helps!

Gil :cool:

Another problem with Microscale stripes is the carrier film on either side of the stripe. You may need to trim the stripe pretty lean to make it work. but they do work a treat and like I said, they have all sorts of colors and widths, including metalics and they are readily available via their website.