Which E-Books would you buy? Your opinion matters!

ipmsusa2

Hi all,

In an effort to provide Modelbuilding Guides...step by step kit builds...that y'all both want and will buy, I present a list of possible future subjects for your consideration.  All subjects will be available in printable PDF format.  There will also be a link to sites for epub and mobi formats for those who prefer alternatives.  Look over the list and let me know the projects you can't do without.

#1    Atlantis 1/48 JN-4D Jenny   (repop of Lindberg kit.

#2   Academy1/48 MiG-21PF Fishbed D

#3   Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-15

#4   Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18 Super Hornet

#5   Encore & Trumpeter A-37B   (kit build comparison e-book)

#6   Revell 1/48 Arado AR-234

#7   Monogram 1/48  Do-635 Conversion

#8   Williams Bros 1/32 F9C Sparrowhawk

#9   AmTech 1/48 Hs-123B

10  Accurate Miniatures 1/48 SBD-1

11  Accurate Miniature 1/48 SBD-5

12  Accurate Miniatures 1/48 P-51B

13  Academy 1/72 PBY-5

14  Hobbycraft 1/48 DeHavilland Beaver on Floats

15  Accurate Miniatures 1/48 F3F

16  Revell 1/48 PT-17

Note that some of these projects may be incorporated into vignettes or dioramas for a better appearance.  Finally, if there is a subject you would like to see as a Modelbuilding Guide that isn't on this list, don't hesitate to let me know.

Richard Marmo

Looks like a fantastic start for most people. As one who builds 1/72 scale aircraft exclusively, I would only be interested in the PBY-5. It would be even more interesting for me to see it include how to add some interior details.... or even how to add civilian interior details to turn it into a flying houseboat.

Just my tuppence.

Good luck on your proposals; I hope you have a very large response.

Hey Richard,

I am also a 72nd scale builder and have 3 of the PBY kits to make, The RAF one that spotted the Bismarck, a US one, probably the one that spotted the Japanese fleet at Midway and a Black Cat but I might try to make a warbird or foreign post war version with that one.  Saw some neat Norwegian markings from Vingtor.

Hey Phil,

The PBY will be an ebook, but it will be basically OOB with USN WW-II markings.  Can't make changes since it's a commission for a client who has specified appearance since his father flew it. No beaching gear but I will build a cradle for it to be displayed on.

I will go ahead with the 1/64 equipment shed after reading your comments.  I didn't realize that the Hot Wheels line is basically 1/64.  Also like your suggestion to also include dimensions for upscaling to 1/72 and 1/24 options.  By the way, I had considered including three other 1/;72 Williams Bros kits, but dropped them since I figured there wouldn't be that much interest in them.  The kits?  Northrop Gamma, World Cruiser and Boeing 247.

I have the four-kit World Cruiser set so it would be interesting to see something done for that. However, that being said; I couldn't afford it so if someone else wants it, I'll try to pick on up later.