Hi I just got signed up yesterda. I am mostly a sci-fi builder and yes Gundam mostly. However I am looking to expand keeping the hobby interesting.

If you're interested seeing my work, you can find it on Instagram at cobrapla. 

Happy to be here and looking forward to meeting all of you.

4f41ae1e-30a8-4c14-8a57-fe0b99e23f75.thumb.png.a5cf83367ad55c290a375ca59d0ff1dc.png

Welcome aboard Joshua!  Gunpla used to be fringe, but is now approaching mainstream here in the US.  I got bit by the bug in 1983, when I bought my first kit on a whim (it was the 1/550 Guraburo).  I attended the Best of the West contest in Las Vegas last week, and there were a LOT of Gunpla entries done to a very high level.  It’s no longer a smattering of unpainted kits with inked panel lines on the contest tables.

Your Gouf posted in the sci-fi section was very nice.  I like the older Universal Century stuff, as I grew up on those shows versus the newer ones that Cartoon Network broadcast here in the US.  Anyway, keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Welcome to our Forums and organization Joshua! Glad to see you here. Even if you don't build the same subjects as we do, a lot of the skills we use will certainly work well with your Gundam and Sci-Fi models. I for one love looking at well build quality models regardless of the genre. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, Neo said:

Welcome aboard Joshua!  Gunpla used to be fringe, but is now approaching mainstream here in the US.  I got bit by the bug in 1983, when I bought my first kit on a whim (it was the 1/550 Guraburo).  I attended the Best of the West contest in Las Vegas last week, and there were a LOT of Gunpla entries done to a very high level.  It’s no longer a smattering of unpainted kits with inked panel lines on the contest tables.

Your Gouf posted in the sci-fi section was very nice.  I like the older Universal Century stuff, as I grew up on those shows versus the newer ones that Cartoon Network broadcast here in the US.  Anyway, keep up the good work!

Well I can confidently say that since the start of covid Gundam became and is still very mainstream. You can see it in the hobby store shelves. As well as the amount of sales gundam models have made vs all the other subjects. 

I've been building gundam kits and other sci-fi model's for over 5 years. Getting into Ma.k and slowly checking out armor and air craft. I'm happy to be here and hope I can make it to future shows.

On 9/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, DaSWO said:

Welcome, My oldest built Gundam's years ago.  My IPMS chapter has a member who builds them.  A lot harder then most know.

Hope to see you in San Marcos next year.

Thank you, that is awesome! 

Yea Gundam kits had it's own process in trying to make them look good. A lot of taking apart and reassembly. 

Cool, I like Ma.K. I was sent a 1/72 scale Ma.K hovertank as a gag gift by a friend because he knew I build 1/72 scale armor exclusively. It was armor after all! Yes, I did build it and tried weathering it a bit like a real one too. I do like it a lot.

• Thanks 1