1/72nd Valom B-45 1st jet Bomber for USAF 75th Birthday build

wdedig

Here is my version of the Valom B-45 in 1/72.

spacer.png

Out of box and a great set of canopy masks from Hannants. 

"North-American B-45A/B-45C Tornado kabuki masks all windows and clear parts, wheels, antiglare shields (designed to be used with Valom VAL72120 and VAL72121 kits) 

Manufacturer:..New Ware"

Unbelievable time saver ....PS Dust is photography, not model.

spacer.png

Caracal decal and they were fantastic. Alclad over Tamiya Gloss Black. Natural metal  over-coated with Alclad Aqua Gloss. This gloss is  not happy with Solvaset residue. All decals must be wiped down before final coat of Aqua Gloss.

spacer.png

This kit is a bit of a modeling challenge for seams and fit in many places. O well as our friends in Britain say "Couple swipes with a sanding stick ".

Forgot to mention I did add bit of riveting to enhance overall surface panels.

spacer.png

Happy Birthday USAF and Thanks for Looking

Comments always welcome

Regards

Bill D.

• Like 1

Love it! I'm sure more than a "couple swipes with a sanding stick" was involved to get that level of NMF, so congrats on your perseverance. Very cool subject of a very under appreciated Cold War/Korean War aircraft!

Gil :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice job on this.  It is interesting to see that other than much clearer clear parts, and undoubtedly fewer attachment points to chop off, the Valom kit really builds up about the same as the old Mach2 kit.  But, your excellent finish and clean workmanship show this kit off to a great advantage.

Ed

• Like 1