Entwicklungfahrzueg E-25 *WIP*

pyrman

I found a drawing on the internet showing the tool racks normally seen on the Panthers and thougth it looked interesting so I added them and a cut down cast commanders cupola with IR mounted. Interestingly, the drawing on the instruction sheet shows where the site does on the upper sloped armor, but Trumpeter failed to add it to the kit. There's no skirt armor in the kit, so I sanded off the mounting plates

E-25front.jpg

I had to fill/sand the sink lines where the top/bottom glue together.

E-25rear.jpg

E-25rhs.jpg

Decide on a scheme yet??????
Thanks, Jack. The camo will most likely be an olivgrun base w/rotbraun "octopus" scheme (as seen on a King Tiger from sPzAbt510.) I had to add the bolts (scraped off the alternate vent plate) on the rear engine access plate. I'll be using the link-link tracks for both the E-25 & E-10 as the rubberband tracks are just too tight. Edited by pyrman

OOOOO that's sexy. Can't wait to see it finished. I'm doing a Panther G with full IR equipment. Please remember that the driver and gunner would have the IR spotlight and "telescope" as well as the Commander. The Panther IR tanks also had a "control box" that replaced the right rear storage box. It's about 18mm wide, 20mm high and 10mm deep. It opened from the backside and swung down.

Tim, thanks for the compliment. Although tempting, I'm not planning on doing a "Solution B" jagdpanzer- instead settling on a Solution A (Sperber) AFV. Doing the link-link tracks is time consuming enough as it is. I also need to figure out how I'm going to mount the gun sight. One of the problems with adding the battery/transformer box to the E-25, is there's limited space on the rear engine access plate. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the Fahrgeraet 1253 was designed for the drivers use on a lateral mount inside AFVs- so I could just put the 20cm Uhu in place of the Bosch light.

Greg,

The info went out today. Please let me know when you get it. The wiring on the Panther just went into the turret through the commander's hatch; but when you get the info, look at how the gunner's sight was wired, you might wanna try that.

Good luck & more photos please.

Tim