San Marcos 2023 Theme Awards

Len, I mentioned it before but thought I would throw it out there again.  There are still decal sheets out there from the 2020 convention.  Would you consider a "special"category for that?  Two Bobs still has them in stock http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/p732_2020-IPMS-Nats-Decal-Sheet.html and they are selling for $3.  It could be a fun category, that is assuming that you are designing a new decal sheet for 2022.

Edited by PeteJ

Hello Pete. There is an annual award for the best use of convention decals. This is judged by past IPMS/USA presidents. One can enter a model with the 2020 decals to be eligible. In fact, I'm hoping to knock out my Kinetic 1/48 T-45 Goshawk by next summer to compete for this special award. Also, we are developing new decals for 2023...discussions and ideas are flowing back and forth within our team.

-Len

Airbrush Cannon - icon.jpg

1 hour ago, LenPilhofer said:

Hello Pete. There is an annual award for the best use of convention decals. This is judged by past IPMS/USA presidents. One can enter a model with the 2020 decals to be eligible. In fact, I'm hoping to knock out my Kinetic 1/48 T-45 Goshawk by next summer to compete for this special award. Also, we are developing new decals for 2023...discussions and ideas are flowing back and forth within our team.

-Len

Airbrush Cannon - icon.jpg

Ok, that makes sense.  Since you are batting around ideas, perhaps you could come up with something a bit more original that a current era cop car.  Perhaps a Shelby race car like this, from when he was in Terlingua.

image.thumb.png.331e31b98afe530f9e78f4ea25177ace.png

Edited by PeteJ