IPMS/USA National Convention Proposal, 2024 - Mad City Modelers

Just read the proposal for the 2024 Convention. I found it fascinating to read about the inner machinations of bidding for a show.

And, I learned my buddy Jeff Herne is the Convention Chair… it’s gonna be a great show, brother!

2 hours ago, 66Foxtrot said:

Just read the proposal for the 2024 Convention. I found it fascinating to read about the inner machinations of bidding for a show."

When we bid for the 2003 show the VP had a VERY helpful publication to aid any group considering a bid.  I'm sure he'll send it to you.  Just ask.  It answers all questions you may have about bidding.

That is awesome that Jeff Herne will be the chairperson! Now I really wish I could go!

I did request that publication but never received it. Maybe my address was wrong or something....

Hi Mark, the convention bidding packet is getting a major overhaul. I'm hoping to have a new one out in a month or so. When it's complete it'll be published to the website. 

5 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

That is awesome that Jeff Herne will be the chairperson! Now I really wish I could go!

I did request that publication but never received it. Maybe my address was wrong or something....

On 8/2/2022 at 9:22 PM, Rusty White said:

When we bid for the 2003 show the VP had a VERY helpful publication to aid any group considering a bid.  I'm sure he'll send it to you.  Just ask.  It answers all questions you may have about bidding.

Thanks Rusty, I'm not a member of any club. No interest in bidding on anything outside of EBay. Just found the report fascinating. I don't get out much.