Contact Request from Judge

Hey guys I had a note from a judge whose name was Steve to get in touch with him at the Show on Saturday. I had been over at the judges table where they were doing model reviews, but hadn’t seen the note at the time so I’m wondering if somebody knows who that might be? The note was on my USS enterprise aircraft carrier if that’s helpful. Steve if you happen to read this or if any of you guys know who Steve is would you please have them contact me through the private message here.

Chris

9 minutes ago, jcorley said:

Which Enterprise? The one where you initially had the guys on a clear plastic card and all lit up?

Yep that one 😄

Try contacting the head ship judge or the over all head judge. They might know who the "Steves" are. 

Chris,

Before judging I heard you talking to another modeler about how you made the Enterprise the way you did so you can take it around to schools and open it up to show them the insides.  You mentioned that you knew it would not win many awards due to the massive seams in the deck for opening the ship.  Other than the seams, I think your ship looks really nice.  I didn't actually judge it as I judged two other categories so I'm not totally sure.  If you are interested in the ship doing better at contests you may want to try what some armor modelers do and find a way to attractively open up the deck pieces to display the hangar deck at contests.  From what I could see the hangar deck looks clean and detailed.  I can't take credit for having this idea as another judge I was talking to about your ship came up with it.  Whatever, more awards or just a unique way to display a carrier, it might be something to think about.

Steve (also used to have the nickname "Mongoose")

• Thanks 1

Hey Steve thanks for the ideas and the feedback! It was late in the day before I noticed the note on my entry form. Glad I was able to connect with you 🙂 I think you and James are onto something there. I was getting to complicated with the trials I was doing to display it. Just a clear plexi riser may be just the trick. Will be a good winter project for me. Although...I got really excited about carriers after talking to James about his Connie. I have the Kitty Hawk in my stash and I am almost positive it's coming out this Fall. I am going to do something with it to lift the deck and display the hangar bay so these ideas will get put to good use! You'll see it in 2 years if you guys are in Wisconsin I bet.

IMG_0263.JPG

1. The Connie wasn't by this James

2. If you display it with the deck off, it might behoove you to add spaces into the sponsors so bare plastic and seams are hidden from us judges. I wouldn't  "ding" you for it, but there might be some that would.