Minicraft 1/48 XF5F

johneaton

I've been working on this one for a week or two, letting an Airfix Victor K.2 rest a bit before I start painting the camouflage.  It has a few indefinite fits, especially if you build the long nose version, but everything does finally fit without much seam work so long as you don't hurry.  The F8F in the second image is a Hawk kit I built in 1967 and has lasted all these years just as it was built.  I used Tamiya AS-12 Silver decanted and Hataka Yellow Orange C006.

0071xf5f.jpg

0081xf5f.jpg

0101xf5f.jpg

• Like 1

Looks very familiar John. 🤔 And quite lovely in silver and yellow I might add 😉

Thanks, Carlos and Mark.  I am well pleased with it at this point and hope I can get it to the finish line without messing it up.

Edited by johneaton

I could spend another day on this one but as usual it's at the point where I have to give up because my shaky fingers keep breaking bits off.  Oh, well, it's been that way since I was 8 or 9.  Looks good lined up on the shelf with a yellow wing F4F-3, an FM-2, and an F6F.  I didn't paint the back of the props flat black because pictures seemed to indicate that they weren't, but looking at the pictures and seeing how far ahead of the cockpit the props are I'm wondering about that.  The props are removable so I can fix that if I choose to.  I probably should put an antiskid  patch on for the wing walk too.

0111xf5f.jpg

0121xf5f.jpg

0131xf5f.jpg

0141xf5f.jpg

0151xf5f.jpg

0161xf5f.jpg

0181xf5f.jpg

0191xf5f.jpg

0201xf5f.jpg

Edited by johneaton
  • Like 1