AMT ERTL Millennium Falcon Build

After 11 months and 2 days I'm finally calling this one done. 

It's not the most fancy one out there in the galaxy, but this is my hunk of junk.
The first model started in over 35 years, and the first one that I've ever tried lights and weathering on.

I've got a looooooong way to go with my weathering skills, just lucky I've got another 13 Falcons in my stash to get it right.... 
I'm more than happy to take pointers, advice and yes, even a little criticism because it's through these things I learn better ways of doing this.

AMT_Falcon_Done_01.jpg

AMT_Falcon_Done_06.jpg

AMT_Falcon_Done_05.jpg

AMT_Falcon_Done_04.jpg

AMT_Falcon_Done_03.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Magnificent! What scale is that? I have a 1/72 scale Falcon in my stash I'm wait for space to start.

Thanks, Scalemates list it as 1/73, although I've never taken a tape measure and calculator to it.
It's the AMT/ERTL kit, same as the old MPC Han Solo kits and the AMT/ERTL Cutaway.
It's the one on the 2nd row up on the left.
I've added 6 more Falcons to my stash since this photo including the Deagostini and the Bandai Perfect Grade (I have a problem 🤣

20211218_183526.thumb.jpg.eafe36c0a96776a3e3bd913296c7e426.jpg

I helped my oldest son build this, back in the day. I remember it being a bitch to complete, but he did well with it. Yours is fantastic. First model in 35 years, and you illuminated it?? Bravo.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 66Foxtrot said:

I helped my oldest son build this, back in the day. I remember it being a bitch to complete, but he did well with it. Yours is fantastic. First model in 35 years, and you illuminated it?? Bravo.

Yep, nothing lined up, lots of extra glue.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate it.

I agree with James! I never would have attempted to illuminate a first build. That is definitely a lot of Falcons! Imagine a fleet of them flying along!

I'll be happy just to finish one!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...