New to IPMS after getting back into modelling after 35 years

Hi All,

I'm returning to the hobby after 35 years.
Decided I needed something to do during Covid and also in my retirement (one day)

I'm on my second build at the moment, things are slow going in and around that 'Work' stuff.
I'm learning weathering and lighting effects, both of which I've never done before. It's quite the challenge, but I think I'm getting better.

Have a look at my completed Millennium Falcon (my first kit) and my Kitbash I'm putting together as my second kit back.
I'll post them in more appropriate threads.

Welcome Andrew! I have looked into your two other Threads, magnificent work! From the looks of things, I'd say you did spectacular on those two projects.

You will fit right in!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Welcome Andrew! I have looked into your two other Threads, magnificent work! From the looks of things, I'd say you did spectacular on those two projects.

You will fit right in!

Thank you for your kind words.
I must say, as a boy I just built them and some never got painted, then I moved into  what I called factory showroom shine painting and never even considered weathering.
This is my greatest challenge, but thanks to YouTube I think I'll have plenty of ideas.
I spend 10 or 15 minutes here and there on my kits each day between meetings and other drudgery 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome welcome! You sound like me, started out just building as a kid and not painting. I remember this kid in high school doing some amazing paint jobs and that’s about when i started, albeit with a brush and those Testors square bottles lol

I’ll check out your builds as well. Not a ton of us on here but we are a talkative bunch.