Another 2022 Nats Category Question - Axis Military vehicles

Hi all!

Would a 1/35 Jagdpanther be considered a  Medium (200-A) or Heavy (200-B) closed-top AFV? Is there a certain rule of thumb to use (i.e. weight of the vehicle) in determining which category to enter something here when you're not sure?

TIA!

Rick

OK, I don't judge the Armor category so you may get a different answer from one of their judges but in my mind German heavies start with Panthers, Tigers, Elephants, etc.  I would think of Medium as Panzer III and IVs and light would be Panzer I, II, 38t, etc.

I don't see anything spelled out in the rules so that is something that probably needs to be addressed. 

My 2 cents.

Phil is correct and his logic follows the judges thoughts. I echo and would recommend 200B. I'll be putting my JP there 🙂

2 hours ago, RRman said:

Hi all!

Would a 1/35 Jagdpanther be considered a  Medium (200-A) or Heavy (200-B) closed-top AFV? Is there a certain rule of thumb to use (i.e. weight of the vehicle) in determining which category to enter something here when you're not sure?

TIA!

Rick

Thanks gents, I appreciate the responses, 200-B it is! The Panther tank family is the only German type that I would have this question about, as it seems to be a "tweener'. While it was classified a medium by Germany at 45-ish tons, vehicles in the same approximate weight class were considered "heavy" by the Americans (M26) and the Soviets (IS-2). 

Adding some clarifying information to the rules is something that I also think would be beneficial.

Rick