Looking for 1/72 scale casters

TonyD

Would like to build a trolley for my 1/72 scale V1 Buzz Bomb. Have several good photos and even found an instruction sheet from a larger scale model.

It looks to have been made from steel tubing but has wheeled casters at each corner. Wondering if there is an aftermarket supplier for these? Tried a Google search and nothing came up.

Alternatively, anyone have any tips for making them?

Thanks for any responses.

Make it like a real one.    A U-shaped bracket tall and wide enough to accept the wheel.  I originally thought of sheet Evergreen,  but on second thought some heavy duty aluminum, like a pie tin, may to just as well.   A punch of sheet styrene on the top to replicate a swivel bearing.   The caster wheels are a slice of Evergreen tube of desired size.   In larger size you may need a piece of sheet styrene to close them in.   Axle is some wire or Evergreen rod.   I wouldn't try to make them functional.

Thanks for the idea, Ed. I was planning to use small aftermarket wheels like tail wheels but haven't started looking yet. If I can't find any I'll try your suggestion.