Kind of bummed about the show decal...

I am sure I am in the minority opinion, but this is the second Nationals in a row with only military aviation subjects (except for the LCS). Sorry guys, it's like there's no such thing as the Nebraska Army National Guard, any Auto racing subjects, no civil aviation lineage...hell, even a Nebraska State Trooper car would have worked to jazz things up.  Oh well...

Edited by RobMorales
adjustment to the first sentence

I am just happy to see 72nd scale items again.  

A police car would have been neat.

• 2 weeks later...

There are work-arounds to both. 

The race cars featured on the 2016 Columbia National Convention sheet were there because we asked for approval from the driver and race shop that built the cars. 

Hint 1:  Don't do all the markings for a race car--only do the major markings to supplement the kit sheet.

Hint 2:  Don't do modern race cars.  Find something from the era where the cars weren't festooned with a few dozen contingency logos.  And, ASK.  It's like getting a date with the head cheerleader--if you never ask, the answer will always be "No".

How was Chattanooga able to feature Coca-Cola logos on the 2019 Convention sheet?  One of two ways:  Either they asked for permission OR they did it hoping to fly under the radar.   

And for the cop shields?  Go to the Nebraska State Patrol website.  At the top left corner is a full color badge.  Any crook worth the title could rip that image for free.  I'm actually surprised that the Wikipedia entry didn't feature a scalable vector image (.svg or .eps)...

Also, are there no ships named after Nebraska cities?  Does Omaha or Nebraska not have any armored units?

All it takes is some imagination to come up with a diversified decal sheet that helps people forget the "International Plane Modelers Society" moniker.

R

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ralph Nardone said:

<< SNIP >>

Also, are there no ships named after Nebraska cities?  Does Omaha or Nebraska not have any armored units?

All it takes is some imagination to come up with a diversified decal sheet that helps people forget the "International Plane Modelers Society" moniker.

The decal sheet includes markings for the Omaha class of Littoral Combat Ships,  you know the trimarans which the Navy has problems with and are decommissioning them while they are still young.    

The problem I have with them is that while they included two distinct bow numbers and names for each member of the class (Yay), they only included one stern number for each (Boo).    Yeah sure, you can cobble a pair out of the unused numbers, but ...

Sometimes it is the International PLANE Modelers Society.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EFGrune said:

Sometimes it is the International PLANE Modelers Society.  

At least all those SAC/USAF guys in Omaha remembered we also have a Navy!!  😉

• Haha 1