Cancellations for Omaha?

I was looking at the Omaha web site today and saw that the "Night at the SAC Museum" dinner looks like it it still open for attendees, despite an announcement below (last April) that it was sold out. Has this changed? Have there been cancellations and does that tour now have some open spots?

Also, what can the Omaha hosts post about current room availability at EITHER convention hotel? Are there now some rooms available due to cancellations? It's been a while since I've seen an update, and the last "latest info" on the Omaha site only announces the closing of pre-registration on Jun 1rst. Thanks!

Gil Hodges

Hi Gil, I’ll check and see how current my updates are. I’m better at Facebook then some of the other sites. When I talked to hotel last week they told me they had very few cancellations and the block was still essentially full. I did see someone on Facebook who got into the Marriott, but it’s a day by day thing. The SAC Museum is sold out and marked that way on the IPMS Registration page. I’ll update the individual SAC page on our website. We have had a few cancellations for SAC, but they have filled right back up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI - I just CNX'd my Embassy/La Vista reservations for 20-24 July. So jump in and grab those as desired, but you may wanna note this cautionary tale...

I first attempted to reserve the room when the convention block opened last summer. As described elsewhere, this process was fraught with trouble, which (hopefully) does not need to be rehashed here. I reserved a room available for three of the four desired nights...or so I thought. I called them in the Spring, hoping to add the fourth night and they had no record of my reservation and no availability. So I made alternative arrangements: Initial hack was the nearby Hampton, in the past a lovely option; but their sole available room was outrageously expensive. Fortunately, our relatives in town were willing to host us, so I CNX'd the Hampton. All good.

But today, we got an upgrade offer from Embassy Suites, regarding that first, 'lost' reservation, which somehow magically re-materialized. After a difficult telephone experience requiring multiple inputs of various personal ID data (while holding a confirmation number!), garbled audio, an apparent language barrier and inconsistent descriptions of the reservation, my BS-meter was pegged and I CNX'd it.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Otherwise - am still looking forward to the fun part...!

FunwithModels_25 styrene.jpg

Edited by VonL