2024 Bid Submission

No complaints about the distance from me.  This will be the closest Nats to our house in nearly ten years..just slightly farther than Columbus. It'll give us an excuse to finally take the ferry across Lake Michigan.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, snelson said:

No complaints about the distance from me.  This will be the closest Nats to our house in nearly ten years..just slightly farther than Columbus. It'll give us an excuse to finally take the ferry across Lake Michigan.

Its an amazing trip. Pricey, but in August its about as close as you can get to being on the ocean. November on the other hand, well... 

Not much to say that you didn’t already say Jeff.  All you can do is put on the best convention you can and if folks aren’t willing to go the distance, as you say, it’s on them.  

Good luck with the preparation and I’m personally looking forward to making the trip!

Mike

Edited by MikeMoore

On 8/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, Jeff Herne said:

Its an amazing trip. Pricey, but in August its about as close as you can get to being on the ocean. November on the other hand, well... 

Yeah, I'm well acquainted with the Gordon LIghtfoot classic.  😉

SN

The Mad City crew will put on a fabulous convention. I have been to the event site numerous time-has plenty of space and it's easy to get to. Downtown Madison is a very short drive from the site and you couldn't ask for better restaurants, pubs, etc. If you're a beer aficionado, New Glarus Spotted Cow on draft is a must. I'm planning to drive up from Tucson, AZ. If I can do it.........

Jeff, very well said! When I saw it was you who was chairing this convention I was even more disappointing in my situation as this is a convention I want to attend! A good part of that is because you are the convention chairman, and I know with your vision, drive and determination to do the absolute best job possible, this will be one outstanding convention.   Another reason, I remember when I was in high school in Minnesota and several of my classmates would make regular road trips to Madison for concerts and other events. The stories they told back then have always given me a desire to see the city, even after this whole time.

LOL! By this time, I might even reach my 1000 vehicle models milestone! Don't expect me to bring it though! LOL! I doubt I could afford to rent a big enough van, much less pay for the trip, given my current situation!