Atlantis Higgins PT Boat

Ron Bell

This is part of the Air Land Sea Gift Set. It's the old Revell PT-212, although it has been rereleased under several other designations as well. I'm no PT boat expert, but I think, as old as it is, it's one of the few kits of a Higgins PT boat, all the others being Elco's, but I may be wrong on that. The kit is very 1950's-ish, which is no surprise as that's when the kit originated. Atlantis has done a good job cleaning up these old molds and for it's age, there was surprising little flash, although the mold seams were unavoidable. It builds up into a nice display model and would be great to get youth or new modelers involved. Personally, I like them as they are simple to build, look nice and don't have thousands of tiny parts to break or lose. In short, they are fun to build.

PXL_20220411_123642830.jpeg

PXL_20220411_123702630.jpeg

PXL_20220411_124214160.jpeg

PXL_20220411_124214160.jpeg

PXL_20220411_124231404.jpeg

PXL_20220411_124252471.jpeg

• Like 2

Sweet! What scale is this? That rocks!

I just finished an Atlantis kit a few weeks back too: the AH-56 Cheyenne. What fun kits these old molds are!

Oh that looks good! Another happy memory of a boyhood build! 👍

Mark, let me take this moment to say that I think you are the epitome of what IPMS should be. People getting joy out of the hobby of making plastic models. Thank you. I hope you can make it to some future National Convention so we can meet in person again. 

Thank you Ron! That means so much to me to see. I sure do enjoy this hobby indeed. I do hope to someday come to another Nationals, but with current situations, it doesn't look good right now. I will continue building though!