What new kits????

Mark Aldrich

OK Treadheads.

These are the ones I remember this year. Dingo, V100 series, M3A1, M3 75mm, more shermans (like we needed one more of those), T-62, and more German stuff (woohoo...not). I know there were more but what would you like to see come out next year? Personally, I would love to see a plastic AVLB/MICLIC on either the M60 or M48 chassis. A newer M107/M110 and M109 series. A newer M48 would be nice. Would love to have someone do the M578. Some more civilian modern stuff...I know with trademarks that is probably not going to happen. But lets hear your choices.

Mark

Here's what I'd like to see in plastic:

• Wessex Sabre
  • Defender 109/110 MRCV's
  • SEAL FAV
  • Saxon APC
  • M1117 Guardian (yes, I know Trupeter has announced it)
  • Trailer mounted MICLIC
  • MRAP's (Cougar/Buffalo/Cheetah, etc)
  • M728
  • Panhard VBL
  • Peugot/Panhard P4
  • VAB

I know I am in the minority, but here goes:

T-10M Stalin (To replace the ancient Tamiya kit. Plus I am too lazy to copy Cookie Sewel's kit bash.)

M103 USMC heavy tank (Even Accurate Armour hasn't done this one!)

SA-4 Ganef tracked missile launcher (Possibly the most frightening looking SAM system ever.)

MBT-70 (Hahahahaha! Yeah, right! But I can dream, can't I?)

And while everyone is out doing Sherman variants ad nauseum, how about a plastic Sherman V Crab? Either a DML "Smart Kit" or one from Tasca would be nice. Of course, the Tasca kit would probably cost over $80.

Neal

Hobby Boss said they would do the SEAL FAV back in 2008 (hold your breath?). I agree on both the M728 and the Crab or M1 Dozer also (So I don't have to alter the Academy M1A1).

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Hobby Boss said they would do the SEAL FAV back in 2008

I think it was even announced "officially" before that time; even 2006 perhaps if my memory hasn't been completely lost...

Anyway, I'd love to see some MRAPS (specifically the RG-31), plastic Daimler, Humber and AEC armored cars and the FAV of course.

Talk about a minority ...

Mack NO.

There's lot's of 2-1/2 config's that could be kitted or aftermarket.

Any of the White, Mack, Corbitt, Autocar series -- cargo, tractor, COE, wrecker, etc.

Dozers, dozer cranes, graders, etc.

Cranes, and tractor cranes.

Trailers for the above.

Also consider 1/48 scale for airfield diorama use.

I think some 48 stuff usable in A/c dio's would be cool. A peacekeeper, some 40ish fuel trucks and towing vehicles would be great. In 35 armor mayby it's time to look at the pacific and see what japan made, other than old Tamiya. Some off countries in Europe like Rom, Greek, and Italy. Also some new molds of old French stuff as targets for the German armor! Some of the hellers are very long on the tooth!

Tracy

Don't forget the exploding braille scale market!

A decent Centurion. Only one now is the 40 year old Airfix and its awful.

Conqueror

M-3 Stuart family. The Hasagawa/Matchbox offerings are chunky at best.

Crusader family. The Hasagawa one looks "squashed" and is very dated.

Ron,

I actually figured the "Iron Duke" would chime in with the braille scale stuff. I wasn't limiting the scale when I posed the question. Though I would never build in 1/72 or 1/76, those realms have been covered nicely (I mean in content, not quality). I would have loved Revell to release a 1/35 Leopard bridgelayer.

Mark

Ron,

I actually figured the "Iron Duke" would chime in with the braille scale stuff. I wasn't limiting the scale when I posed the question. Though I would never build in 1/72 or 1/76, those realms have been covered nicely (I mean in content, not quality). I would have loved Revell to release a 1/35 Leopard bridgelayer.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'm sorry I took so long to reply. I was just trying to complete my list!

Don't forget the exploding braille scale market!

A decent Centurion. Only one now is the 40 year old Airfix and its awful.

Conqueror

M-3 Stuart family. The Hasagawa/Matchbox offerings are chunky at best.

Crusader family. The Hasagawa one looks "squashed" and is very dated.

Exactly!! There is so much I want to see in Braille Scale! Along with what's above, I'd love to see:

Archer anti-tank vehicle

M-10 Tank Destroyer

M-18 " "

M-36 Jackson

M-41 Walker Bulldog

M-47 Patton

D-9 Dozer

Any number of trucks and tractor trailers WWII to present, including gun truck options

M-88 tank recovery vehicle

M-109 Paladin Self Propelled Gun with all A-something upgrade options (NOBODY has ever done one in Braille Scale!)

M-42 Duster

And, yeah, I'd love to see an MBT-70 as well. That would be awesome.

Any type of AA missile battery vehicles: Hawk, Roland, Chapparell, etc. There are quite a few Russian/Soviet ones out there thanks to ACE.

Speaking of Russian AA missile systems, what's missing are:

Radar van/array for SA-2 SAM missile

SA-4 Ganef,

SA-6 Gainful

ZSU-23-4 Shilka

Other vehicles I'd love to see:

M107/M110 Self Propelled Guns

M-198 artillery piece

V-100 armored cars

M578

Any Japanese Ground Self Defense Force scout cars, APC's, and any towed and self-propelled artillery.

Any French AA and artillery systems, as well as modern APC's

German Jaguar Anti-tank vehicle.

Israeli Magach, Nagmachon, Centurion SHOT, the full range of Israeli Shermans, and Israeli artillery.

Other bridgelayer, dozer and mineroller vehicles from the 1960's and 1970's as well as WWII-, Korean- and Vietnam-era tank recovery vehicles.

Hmmm, what else........

Gee, I seem to have run out of steam. I hope that is enough for now....

The M10 Wolverine, M10 Achilles and M36 Jackson were done in 1/72 scale plastic by ExtraTech.

I would like to see modern armor released in 1/48 scale. I'd settle for downsized versions of Tamiya's M1A1/A2, M2A2ODS and M60A1 RISE/Passive kits in 1/48 scale.

Thanks Ron. I never knew about those. I guess they were quite expensive. I don't ever recall them in any of the hobby stores I frequent, but oh well. I'll keep my eyes peeled now that I know they are out there.

Ron,

Here you go........Academy and 1st Hobby Model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Academy-13009-1-48-M60...p4999.m20.l1116

Those series of kits are motorized toys that share a common hull. In other words, a Leopard, M60A3, etc. all have the same lower hull and rubber band tracks.

I'd like to see a 1/72-76 scale model of the V-100 M-706 commando Military police/ Air Force Security Police armored car. Could be nice for me and the "Iron Duke" something interesting to try.

I'd like to see a 1/72-76 scale model of the V-100 M-706 commando Military police/ Air Force Security Police armored car. Could be nice for me and the "Iron Duke" something interesting to try.

Yes! I KNEW I was forgetting something! Thanks Dave! Definitely add this to my list as well. I'd also add the Oshkosh TFFT to my list. Been wanting one of them for ages now.

Hobby Boss said they would do the SEAL FAV back in 2008 (hold your breath?).

Mark

It might be a licensing issue as that is what I believe was Dragons issue back in the early 90's

as Bob Chenoweth never gave permission as he mfg.'s them and owns all the rights even as to

things that remotely look like the vehicle.