Jump to content

Dragon M48A1 Elvis Tank, Patton Project Pt.III WIP


Stikpusher
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well here I go again… another Patton tank… but not just any Patton, but the mount of “The King”

C5-F75355-8-C63-4-D88-879-F-EAFA02694605

I’m going to make Elvis’ M48A1 from GI Blues, turning this kit

7-F65-A689-D170-4448-A668-8090-C6-A01018

into this

466-F6-B94-EEB2-4385-BDE7-492-DF079-B9-F

So far I’ve completed steps 1 & 2 and built the road wheels and basic lower hull

A91-E52-CD-6618-4-EE4-9-EB4-99-F659-C2-C

Stay tuned for more progress updates….

Thank you very much 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steps 3 & 4 now completed - bits added to upper hull, the upper and lower hulls glued together

0-EAC95-D1-F2-A1-4502-8-CCE-CF84629-B5-D

That’s enough for today….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I’ve made a bit more progress over the past few days…

First up, I added the engine rear and top deck areas, the biggest visual difference between the M48/M48A1 and all of the follow on variants. Much closer is appearance to the preceding M46 & M47, than the A2, A3, A5 and M60 family engine decks…

B5570-D2-D-B780-4-ABC-B773-66-A400663-F3

4-DE1-F48-D-03-AB-4-A57-A06-C-97976414-C

Then earlier today I added the road wheel arms, shocks, and final drive housings

A35-F540-C-CEFB-4206-9-A21-858-B41-F3888

More to come in a day or two….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a short workbench session today.., I glued on all the road wheels and did the basic construction of the fenders. The sprocket wheels are test fitted but not glued in place until I add the tracks. I’m deviating fro. The instruction a bit now by concentrating on the hull before I start on the turret. The instructions by this point have you bouncing back and forth.

BEF256-F8-3555-4822-B6-F4-2-F3-B1774-AF8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I got in a few good long bench sessions and finished up the hull.

First up I added the BII tools and PE detail bits to the fenders, glued on the tracks, then glued the fenders in place

60-CFAE46-0-A0-B-41-EA-A2-BD-BA6-F5-E3-F

3-EA2-DD7-A-E41-A-4-A47-B50-A-8-BCA1-BD9

then later on I added the tow cables to the fenders, and the last detail items to  the glacis area

5-CB82829-B54-F-4-BFF-B15-B-626-AF903-A7

Now it’s all ready for priming the hull… I have another project that I want to prime, so two projects during the same priming session, and then I can start assembly on the turret later in the week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I had the airbrush up and running today, and the primer mixed properly, I also airbrushed on a coat onto the hull of this one after finishing with the Crusader AA session.

F1-DE6-CA8-3-F97-40-E8-AA85-E26480-E7-D1

I just left the driver periscopes undone as those are clear and I need to do an interior silver coat on those first.

Now I need to start on the turret assembly…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...