Aurora XFV-1

johneaton

I strayed a bit from simple on this one, inspired by a really nice build of the Lindberg XFY-1 given to me by a friend who has Gone West.  I built up a cockpit using some Monogram F-80 parts and a PE instrument panel for which I can't remember the source.  The intakes were given some internal trunking and the belly was extensively reshaped as Aurora got that pretty wrong and it is an interesting part of the airplane.  A new canopy was made so I could pose it open.  Some of the casters were missing so I made some resin replacements and posed them in a more realistic fashion. Work was complicated by the fact that the kit came to me as a glue bomb and the first step was to get it apart without destroying it.  Later I found an unstarted kit but what would be the fun in that?  It rests in the stash.

0391xfv1.jpg

0351xfv1.jpg

0401xfv1.jpg

• Like 5

WOW! Don't see many of these kits built up.......even fewer built this good. GREAT JOB!

• Like 1

Indeed !

Great job ! 

I've never seen the Aurora kit ; only the Lindberg VTO.

As I have a few Aurora kits of the same vintage in my stash, I can guess how much work you went through to correct the model outline, much less add internal details.

Really nice seeing a well built example.