The Duke Finishes Two More Aircraft in April

Mark Deliduka

After all that work in the hobby room and at St. Crispin's Hobby Days, I am finally able to call a few more done. These are two of the five models I just completed, the other three are in the Armor Forums.

My first finished model is this Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese OH-1 "Ninja" scout helicopter. This is an indigenous design made in Japan:

full

full

full

My next finished model is the Atlantic re-pop of the ancient AH-56 Cheyenne in 1/72 scale. I built her strictly out of the box:

full

full

full

The description of this helicopter in the history blurb on the instruction sheet says this was designed to have a 30mm cannon in the turret beneath the cockpit. She was also capable of loading all the rockets, guns and missiles that the Apache could load, as well as carry Sidewinders. Someday I hope to make one of these with all those to see what this would have looked like in service. 

Until then, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 2

Nice! That Japanese 'copter looks like a mish-mash of a couple of various older types. Reminds me I need to build some rotary wing kits! Congrats on finishing better than 1/week in April!

Gil :cool:

Thank you Gil! Yeah, I'm trying to get caught up on some of my rotary wing kits too; I have so many in the stash. The Japanese helicopter does look like a mishmash of other designs; I'm sure the Japanese took the best of each to make this. I just love the sleek, sexy curves on this little Japanese bird!

Thank you Bob! Yes, the Ah-56 Cheyenne has been out for awhile now. I highly recommend getting one. I want to get another one and make it with a full load out as it would look if it entered service. Maybe someday....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice pair of choppers Mark! Funny how the old Cheyenne looks every bit as modern and menacing if not more so than the new Japanese tank hunter.