New to this forum. Not new to IPMS.

ViperFixer

Hello.  I left IPMS in 2002 after being an IPMS member, a moderator on the forums here, and a modeler.

At the time of my departure, I didn't have time or heart to build models any longer - it was personal things that took me away from the hobby and IPMS.  Not IPMS-related.

I am not a member of any chapter, and at this point, not sure if I'll even compete again.  Just glad to be back.

Things have certainly changed in the model world.  Every kit that wasn't available and I had to make a major conversion to an existing kit seems to have come... and gone, while I was away.  Decal makers are gone, to be replaced by others.  Tenax 7R is history.  Testors. Monogram, and the original Revell as well.  What was seven bucks is now forty.

Cheers!

Kev

Welcome back to the Hobby Kevin and welcome to our boards.Yes, things have changed dramatically, and the quality of models and skills among our organization has grown because of it. Add to your list of changes: Testor's Model Master paints are gone too. I do hop[e you'll compete again, but even if you don't, it's highly recommended to come to any shows and contests in your area to talk models with fellow enthusiasts as well as learn or re-learn techniques that might have developed while you were gone. Not to mention the incredible eye candy you'll see on the tables! You definitely want to come to a Nationals; the experience is mind blowing now. I only wish I could go to another one but the current situation has put paid to any ideas I might entertain about attending ever again.

We love to see and talk about models. settle in, check things out and then show us what you like to build. When you do start your next model, feel free to post pics so we can all see too.

Glad to have ya back in the saddle and here with us Kevin! The modeling scene has changed, but mostly for the better. If you're missing the Tenax, try some Tamiya Thin cement, or (like me) order some Weld-On #4 directly from a plastics supplier, by the pint can! Model Master enamels are history now, but then Tamiya has just released a line of lacquer paints that should grow in the coming years. Make yourself at home and let us know how we can help you have FUN!

Gil (still here since ya left in 2002!)  :cool: