P-3C Orion Hasagawa 1/72 scale

brownrt

Need tips on painting the red, white, red stripes on the props.  I have tried hand painting, tape, masking gel all to no availe.  Any suggestions

would be appricated.  I have been working on the model for some time now and getting close to the end of the build.

Thanks

Ron

Last 1 I built many years ago, I taped off the end 3/16” of an inch or so (not sure of the exact measurement), painted it white, then used parts of red letters cut a little longer than the width of the blade, applied, let them dry a couple days, & airbrushed them with Future.  Worked well until we moved & a box with completed models went missing.

One idea someone else used was to dip the tip of the blade in a shallow tin of thinned white paint. When it dried, he dipped it in red paint slightly shallower than the white. Followed by another dip in even shallower white paint. The last dip needed to be done two or three times to get a full white strip on the end.

Just a crazy idea. I haven't done this myself, but I did use this technique on the nose of bombs to get a neat yellow ring on them.