Great Customer Service from Tamiya USA

philp

Got one of the 72nd F-84G's but missing the clear sprue. Sent a note through their website www.tamiyausa.com and got a response back the next day (9/14) asking for what part numbers, my address, etc. Sent them the info and today I get a box with the entire clear sprue in it. That is a week from request to parts and no charge.

:smiley20: :smiley20:

They are beyond great. And for more than just fixing problems they may have caused. I had a Mercedes race kit that I knew was relesed with a different livery a few years later. I too contacted them through the web sit. I was honest about wanting an alternate decal sheet to what my kit came with originally (if still available). Yes they charged me but it was like $3.50 for a two sheet set and no postage. No way I could have gotten an aftermarket decal sheet any where close to that price. AND fast too.

Kit manufactures are often overlooked as resources for anything other than complete kits.

Even though they may not produce anything I build, when I find or know of something they have, I love being able to call and if they have THAT sprue I can get it as opposed to purchasing a complete kit for one part. Wish they all did that.

• 1 year later...

I know I'm replying to an old post but I felt I needed to add my experience. Years ago I bought the Testors SR-71 and have had it in my garage, moved to shed, back to garage, finally to project table. Like I said, I have had this model for a LONG time. Opened the box and everything was there despite the condition of the box. Only problem was the decals. They were a mess and totally unuseable. I contacted Testors through their site and, in a few days, heard from Wendy. She stated she would be glad to send a set if I would send my address, which I did. Whithin a week I had a new set of decals at no charge. That is good customer service. However, Revell/Monogram wants $10.00 for a set for my equally old B58. I will look elsewhere for those.

Revell-Monogram must have changed then. I had the old Monogram TBF Avenger and the decals were ruined because I had spilled a coke on them a long time ago (pre-internet). I asked them for a replacement set after I had seen that they reissued the kit in the late 90s. They sent replacement decals right away.