JPG's 1:72 Z-95 Headhunter

Roktman

This is one pretty famous Star Wars ship that, AFAIK, has never made it to the movies.  This kit was buried deep in my stack and it's from JPG Models. All parts were finely cast and came with 2 vac form canopies and a decal sheet.
AVvXsEjMjr1_axhVkn_5z_JCmRBQfavBlMNwdo7T

This was another one of those kits that almost built itself, until I made a huge error, and didn't notice it until it was too late.:?
Dang it. But I continue on.
Looking at the decals I decided that I didn't want another white ship with red stripes. So I looked thru quite a few images of Z-95s, until one paint scheme from the Legions game. Plus the fact that at the time St. Patrick day was only a few days away. This was it!
I added a few decals from my spares envelope - one of which came off the paper, stuck and wouldn't be moved. Sigh I just left it.  I weathered ala Night Shift (You Tube channel), and I heard mention that this You Tuber (Jon Bius) adds "a kiss of tan" to his final clear coat. Trying it I added V's Dark Sand (not dark at all) to the clear coat and it really did even out the paint scheme. Thanks for looking.
IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

I almost forgot, the canopy was large and clear enuff that I just had to add a pilot. So I grabbed one from my dwindling collection and sat him in the seat.
IMG_2098.jpg

Wow, that is one sensational model! Sweet job on that color scheme! Dude, this rocks! It sure looks "rode hard and put away wet".

Pilot looks great. I'm sure he's thrilled that he got "promoted" from prop or jet pilot to space pilot!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Wow, that is one sensational model! Sweet job on that color scheme! Dude, this rocks! It sure looks "rode hard and put away wet".

Pilot looks great. I'm sure he's thrilled that he got "promoted" from prop or jet pilot to space pilot!

Thanks, Duke!  The weathering, I tried to copy what I see on Night Shift's You Tube channel. even tho he does all armor, the techniques work everywhere. The pilot is from the F-16 pilots and Ground Crew set.  (?)