P-3C Orion Hasagawa 1/72 scale

brownrt

I would like to know if there is a template for adding Archer rivets to my model.  I saw a full build on youtube which featured a reviet wheel which looked like a few days worth of work.  I would think the Archer transfer sheets would be easier and quicker.   Please let me know if there is any guidelines for adding these rivets.

Thanks

Ron Brown 51865

rbrown3830@yahoo.com

The Orion was almost entirely (perhaps completely) flush riveted. They would not be visible on a 1/72 scale model.

Edited by SkyKing

Now that you got that cleared up, let's see this plane! Work in progress pics are great. I have a couple of these planes in the stash and want to see it under construction.

12 hours ago, brownrt said:

Just installed the cockpit and windows.  I'm working on the nose weight so I don't wind up with a tail sitter.

Have that kit in my stash.  One option to avoid putting weight in the nose is to use the boarding ladder.  Orions sitting on the ground regularly had the boarding ladder in place with the door closed.  Spent 2 years with VP-30 when they were at Pax River, MD in the late 60's.

Thanks for the input.  I grew up in Maryland and would take my son to see the Blue Angles at Pax River.  They were great times and my son still thinks the "Navy" hamburgers were the best in the world.

Thanks

Ron

• 1 month later...