Ukraine and Plastic Modeling

SkyKing

The following are Ukrainian kit producers and related companies according to a post on the Britmodeller forum:

Armory Models Group
Big Planes Kits
A&A Models
MikroMir
Dora Wings
ICM Models
Miniart
Masterbox
Roden Models
Armoury Models
Aim Fan Mode
Arsenal Model Group
Art Model
Avis
Modelsvit
Riich Models
Unimodel
Printscale Decals
BS Decals
Metallic Details
Dan Models
Reskit
Foxbot Decals 
Roden Models
Clear Prop!
REXx

Some have posted on their Facebook pages that martial law has been declared and all deliveries suspended for the duration.

Vendors such as HobbyTerra, Models.UA, Hobby.dn.ua, and Plastic Model Store are also affected.

Russian companies including Zvezda and Eastern Express will doubtless be affected as well.

Edited by SkyKing
Eliminated duplications
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m pretty sure that Riich models is Chinese. They have a nice big red Chicom flag on their website.

3 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

I’m pretty sure that Riich models is Chinese. They have a nice big red Chicom flag on their website.

That is the language selection button. 

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scale_model_kit_manufacturers , Riich is in Ukraine.

Eric

• Like 1

Looking on the box of my Riich 1/35 QF 6 Pounder, on one side it says “Made in China”, and the opposite gives a Hong Kong office contact address and number. I think somebody on Wiki boned that one up.

Edited by Stikpusher

2 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

Looking on the box of my Riich 1/35 QF 6 Pounder, on one side it says “Made in China”, and the opposite gives a Hong Kong office contact address and number. I think somebody on Wiki boned that one up.

Yeah, looks like it

The Ukraine has much more to worry about right now than making model kits and accessories.

I hope that this needless war comes to a swift end please God.

• Like 2

Well, if Putin thought he would get the same popularity bump in the polls that he got when he went after Crimea......he was wrong. His own people are protesting this and as one radio personality said.......as the body bags with Russians in them start piling up, EVEN MORE Russians will come out against it. My personal opinion is that this will not end well for him. On a side note......it figures he would invade now, AFTER ICM announces the new tool Ki-21 Sally in 48th and 72nd scale.

Been building MikroMir plane kits from some time now. If you go to their FB page it's now wall to wall with pics of  destroyed and/or abandoned Russian vehicles. Just in case anyone needs inspiration for a diorama.