Greetings from east Tennessee

MDriskill

Hi, I'm Mike Driskill in Knoxville, TN. Totally embarrassed to admit that after 46 years (!!!) as an IPMS member (no. 7409), I didn't know about these lovely forums! Better late than never I suppose. 😬

Like many of "a certain age," I cut my teeth on Revell, Airfix, Monogram, and pioneering Japanese kits in the '60's. I've been a proud member of the Knoxville Scale Modelers Association (KSMA) chapter since 1975. I entered my first contest in 1977 (yes kids, plastic existed then). I have attended 14 Nats, helped judge at a couple back in the day, and even picked up an occasional trophy there (though it's been a while!). My specialty these days is 1/72 WW2 aircraft.

I'm recently retired after 40+ years practicing architecture - if you went to the Chattanooga Nats, you walked though some of my work, lol - the table layouts!

Edited by MDriskill

Welcome Mike! I thought I recognized the name as I did see you at the Chattanooga Nats. You may not remember me but I'm the one who had all that 1/72 scale armor there. I'm glad to see you here and I encourage you to post pics of your incredible work.