The Outer Limits Galaxy Being

Roktman

This is John Dennett's newest offering. IIRC it's from The Outer Limits' very first show. The story is about a radio station operator that seemingly contacts his counterpart from the Andromeda Galaxy (ignore the science). Wanting to impress his girlfriend about the stations range, he boosts the signal all the way up, and  accidentally sucks the alien, who's made of electricity, into this world!

The kit is John's usual 2 part bust - the figure and the base. It's done in flawless blue gray resin.
AVvXsEi03h1o2ozUJMtqBvKvpGthox7oYu4tzxK9

For a lot of my character busts I give my self the dilemma of do I paint it as if it were real? Or do I do it as an actor in costume?  Since I discovered how the effect was done. I decided to paint the actor, who was William Douglas.

For those that don't know the effect, they dressed Douglas in a brown wet suit because of the B&W film. Then they smeared the suit with oil, and when developing, made a negative of the being.
AVvXsEhIgK9RxHSxmknLzuivxseKsHDyAk8URuEv

So this turns to be the easiest paint job I ever did. Brown suit, and all I had to remember that was in going to try the trick, light had to be dark and vice versa. Painting the other parts I didn't know what different hues would do so I kept all the colors in the brown family. After the below pic was taken I coated the whole thing in Spaz Stix Super Gloss.
AVvXsEgijS6JWRKC-F-IQG49JAovu2qxNheyaXC7

Then with the image viewer I have - Irfanview -  I first made the image B&W, and then made it a negative. I also tweaked the Brightness, Contrast, Gamma Correct, and Saturation. It gave me a result I was happy with, looking like the alien on the show.  Thanks for looking.
AVvXsEhwZEWD3_GwX8r0wrmumxebb4uPEXAtxROs

AVvXsEhiMUedNOb6JN3WmKBWsefPTAktl2IRmsrU

AVvXsEirQaWk1lHB4A6DsYkWytG1PmewysugbqXI

• Like 4

I remember watching that episode when I was a kid. Pretty intense stuff at that age. You sure nailed the look with the reversed negative B&W images! Bravo! 👍🏼👍🏼

10 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

I remember watching that episode when I was a kid. Pretty intense stuff at that age. You sure nailed the look with the reversed negative B&W images! Bravo! 👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks. I was actually surprised at how easy it was. Somehow I thought it would be more difficult. 😉