Greetings from North Tonawanda NY

Boots

My name is Michael Butry and where do I begin?

My dad introduced me to this great hobby of ours when I was just knee high to a Testors rattle can!(7yrs old) MPC's 1/72nd C-130 was the first kit dad let me sink my teeth into by letting me paint the back section of the interior. After almost 38 years, I'm still building strong and yes, I still have that C-130!

Modeling is my passion, my drug, a way to express myself. But most importantly, it's a great bonding tool that I share with my dad, who at 81 is still building strong. At about the same age that I was introduced to the hobby, I was able share the same love with my son Aaron(now 15yrs old). It's definitely a great feeling to have the distinction of having three generations of modelers in the family!

Since I grew up around aircraft, my main focus is military aviation, then armor and lastly, fast targets... I mean cars.

I've been a member of IPMS Niagara Frontier chapter since right around 1998 and became our clubs president two years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and here's my dungeon where the magic is made along with just a few of my builds.

Happy modeling,

Mike

IMG_9004.jpeg

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg

IMG_20211207_202914269.jpg

IMG_20211207_203542996.jpg

IMG_20211207_203443403.jpg

IMG_20220123_171328870.jpg

IMG_20211207_203319341.jpg

Edited by Boots

• Boots changed the title to Greetings from North Tonawanda NY

Wow! Those are some seriously nice builds and many of us wouldn't mind being dragged to your dungeon either! Your story sounds a lot like mine and many here. Please make yourself at home and let us know how we can help ya have more fun, if that's possible! Welcome!

633681333_welcome-neverleave.jpg.f5a5104913a2cb3fc988152002a4315e.jpg

GIL :cool:

• Like 2

Nice to meet you and I’ll add a “+1” to what Gil said on your builds and man cave! Great stuff! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, ghodges said:

Wow! Those are some seriously nice builds and many of us wouldn't mind being dragged to your dungeon either! Your story sounds a lot like mine and many here. Please make yourself at home and let us know how we can help ya have more fun, if that's possible! Welcome!

633681333_welcome-neverleave.jpg.f5a5104913a2cb3fc988152002a4315e.jpg

GIL :cool:

Thank you Gil for the kind words and I plan on staying! 

Oh trust me, I'll definitely have fun here learning and sharing my useless knowledge lol 

Glad t be here!

On 2/9/2022 at 11:17 PM, Stikpusher said:

Nice to meet you and I’ll add a “+1” to what Gil said on your builds and man cave! Great stuff! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

Nice to meet you too and thank you! At least the Mrs and kids know where I am lol 

I plan on sharing more but also looking forward to learning more too!

On 2/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, Dakimbrell said:

Too clean!😁

9A8F1AE0-97AD-4A4A-922C-D77F95227CD6.jpeg

45C41C5C-5AAF-4D5E-98A1-2871EDDCFC15.jpeg

Haha true but once I get into a build, my space gets smaller and smaller. Sometimes I even take over my sons spot(left side) on occasion when he's not building! 

Michael! Welcome my man! You've got a magnificent dungeon where you make your magic. And magic it is as seen in those pics of your incredible models! Way to go and congrats on having three generations of model builders still going strong!

Dave, I gotta say, that is close to as bad as my workbench! Nice to see I'm not alone!

Welcome once again to our humble home!

• Like 1

Hey Mark,

Thank you thank you! Yeah, it's cool to have that distinction! 

Hi Dak,

Very true indeed! I also look at this as an investment for my kids.

I blame model shows, club trading and my local hobby.. 😜

Nice stash Nortley!

Hey ShutterAce!

Thank you! Glad to be here!