The Duke's First Armor in January

Mark Deliduka

After some time, I finished up two more armor models, my first for January. I know it's February now, but I did have these finished a day or so ago. 

First up is my Takom 1/72 scale British FV-432 with the Rarden turret on it. The Rarden turret was supplied by Dan Taylor Modelworks in Great Britain:

full

full

full

Next up is my Dragon 1/72 scale US Army M1134 Stryker ATGM:

full

full

full

And that completes my list of models finished in January. Now to find out how many I'll be able to finish in February! 

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

They look good Mark. Your 2022 is off to a great start.

Thank you Carlos! I just wish I could have maintained the momentum. Two weeks ago, while moving from one storage unit to a smaller one, I dropped a 200 lb. block of wood on my foot, rendering me barely able to walk with a crutch, mush less drive. It was made worse in that it happened on the second of only three days I was allowed to move. That meant going back the next day to continue the bug out and cleanup. two days after that I was able to go to the urgent care for X-rays which miraculously showed no breaks or fractures anywhere! I'm a bit better now but with the requirement to keep my foot elevated and iced, I have been unable to work in the hobby room since there is no place to elevate and ice. Hopefully once I'm better, I'll be able to pick up where I left off. Weather has been very cold for airbrushing anyway so once I'm better the weather should be just right for airbrushing. Good thing too, I have about 12-14 models ready to paint!

Stay tuned, I hope to make up for lost time very soon!

Get well soon, Mark!  I love your camo scheme paint job on your British FV-432.  I plan on building one of the two Spitfires in my stash this year with silly putty as my masking.  So glad for that tip 🙂 !    

Thank you Ed! I'm healing quite nicely and was even able to work on some models! Boy did that feel good! Glad I could help with the Silly Putty technique, I'm looking forward to seeing your Spitfire.