Quad Al dragster model i just finished

fireball

This is a model of Jim Lytle's Quad Al dragster from the mid 1960's that i just finished custom building. The model has (4) V1710 Allison air plane engines, I Chopped the Fiat body, Custom built chassis and drive train, Including some misc. parts from the Revell Tommy Ivo Showboat dragster & The Revell Mickey Thompson Challenger 1 salt flats race car. It has 96 exhaust pipes (3D printed 4 at a time from Shapeways). I saw the original car last year at a car show and it blew me away, So i had to recreate one for myself. There was a magazine article in the October 1965 Rod & Custom magazine that helped with the reference's in building this wild dragster. There are also some misc. articles on the web. I started the build in May 2021 and just finished today (January 30, 2022). I tried to wire & plumb it accordingly. Thanks for looking, Jr. Roberts

DSCN2474.JPG

DSCN2468.JPG

DSCN2442.JPG

• Like 3

Nice project.  There was also a dragster with four Merlins, wasn't there?  A local fellow had me cast four of the engines from an Airfix 1/24 Hurricane for such a project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW!!!! WOW and some more WOW!!!!! This is just crazy cool!! Love the subject and really like how the build turned out!!!