A TIE Interceptor Build I Completed Last Year

EdCarr

Here are a few photos of the 1/72 scale TIE Interceptor Bandai kit I built last year immediately following my AT-ST build.  TIE stands for Twin Ion Engine for those who did not know.  Again, that is information learned from my Star Wars fan best friend.  The TIE Interceptors saw action in the Return of The Jedi Movie in which they attacked and harassed the Rebel Fleet and fighters that had gathered around the Second Death Star and the forest moon of Endor.  The TIE interceptors are basically meant to represent Imperial technological improvements in their star fighter design during the time between the first, second and third Star Wars movies which are Episodes IV, V, and VI.  That is what the information on the box of the Bandai kit states.  The TIE Interceptor has bent wings unlike the original TIE fighters seen in the very first Star Wars movie A New Hope and much like Darth Vader's TIE fighter in the same movie.  Also, the front of the wings are elongated, kind of making it appear more sleek in my opinion.  I included A photo of the cockpit before I put the canopy on so one could see the pilot a little and some of the inside of the cockpit as well as my fingers and thumb once again to show the relative size of the model.  Also, for reasons unknown to me, Bandai included details of the of the Twin Ion Engine, or, are they the details of the two laser guns kind of like the details of machine guns that can be found in some WWII era fighter model's wings.  I say I do not know why they included the detail, because they are simply covered up with the bottom part of the center-sphere of the fighter.  I have a picture of the detail and the work i put into it before covering it up with the molded plastic of the central sphere's underside.  The detail- and the picture of it- is the picture included in this post of the part resting or sitting on one of Tamiya's Weathering Master Tools which is something I use quite often in detailing and weathering my models.  Ok, enough rambling, here are the pics:   

100_3863.JPG

100_3845.JPG

100_3852.JPG

100_3804.JPG

100_3824.JPG

100_3858.JPG

100_3864.JPG