Hello from Desert Hot Springs, Ca.

FREDDIEM

Hi, I'm Fred.

I live in the Coachella Valley. We don't have any clubs out here despite the fact we have a very large retired population as well as lots of snowbirds every winter. We moved this last year and I'm finally getting my "model work space" back together. The last couple weeks has been a lot of fun getting a new corner desk/work bench, going through all the boxes and rediscovering my tools paints, etc. It's like meeting old friends again.

I've got a new spray booth I ordered on Amazon coming wed. I have been amazed at some of the new paint and tool racks available for reasonable prices. But, the prices of models on the internet have seemed to have taken a huge jump. 

I just started a 1/48 Czech Models N.A. FJ-1. I'll post pics when I'm a little farther along.

Hope to hear from anyone in this area as well as anyone anywhere.

Hello Fred and welcome to the Forums and the organization. I too live in California, but down in Southern California in the LA/Orange County area. I don't know how far that is from Desert Hot Springs, but if it's not too far away from us; I do hope to see you at an Orangecon or Antelope Valley contest someday.

Welcome once again, I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

6 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Hello Fred and welcome to the Forums and the organization. I too live in California, but down in Southern California in the LA/Orange County area. I don't know how far that is from Desert Hot Springs, but if it's not too far away from us; I do hope to see you at an Orangecon or Antelope Valley contest someday.

Welcome once again, I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

Hi Duke,

I'm probably a couple hours from you out near Palm Springs. I would enjoy those contests. Thinking about entering some but have no idea how. Any info or pointers would really be appreciated. I'm pretty much a 1/48 prop or early jet guy.

hope to hear more from you soon.

Fred it's quite easy to enter. The best way is to go online to our club website a few days before the contest and download the entry forms you'll need. Filling them out ahead of time makes getting in much faster and easier. If you wish to come and do it at the show, there are plenty of people available to answer questions. Simply fill them out, bring them and your entries to the show and place them in the proper categories. No hassle.

I hope to see you at our next one.

Welcome Fred! Glad to have you here with us! You're certainly not faint of heart if you're trying to beat that Czech Model -1 Fury into shape...looking forward to seeing pics of it! Make yourself right at home!

Welcome!.thumb.jpg.b589032563a1c2f66d40f0d13c17527c.jpg

Gil :cool:

On 1/19/2022 at 6:44 PM, ghodges said:

Welcome Fred! Glad to have you here with us! You're certainly not faint of heart if you're trying to beat that Czech Model -1 Fury into shape...looking forward to seeing pics of it! Make yourself right at home!

Welcome!.thumb.jpg.b589032563a1c2f66d40f0d13c17527c.jpg

Hmmm......:cool:.....interesting reception committee!  Your right...Czech models are not for novices!  I have a pretty fair amount of experience but its making me work hard for everything!