Maddog Manufacturing Now Open for 2022

Mark Deliduka

Thank you Gil! Yes it does help to keep me from assembling the wrong parts to the various tanks that all look so similar. Also, having the designation underneath helps me to remember which tank is what later on. I plan on going back to tanks I built in the past and labeling them on the bottom as well.

Thanks again Gil!

• 1 month later...

There had been a previous update to this one, but for some reason it did not take no matter what I did. So I gave up. If you see something that looks further along than you remember, that is why. Anyway, on to the latest tour....

Wow, I finally found a couple free hours to get this latest tour ready to go! So, let's climb aboard the trams and get this party started! 

The Hangar has been idle for awhile, so we'll head to the Shipyards straightaway. Quite a bit has been happening there.

First up, we tried to get a more even coat of grey on the massive Enterprise flight deck. That still eludes us:

full

Not much else was attempted on that. However, we did get a lot done on the USS Indianapolis. First, we masked off as much of the deck as possible after masking the lower sides of the hull:

full

Grey paint was shot on hull and superstructure, aiming slightly upward to help keep as much overspray off the decks as possible:

full

I still had some overspray, but it was easy to touch up. After that dried, the masks came off. Now this was ready for more progress to be done:

full

Moving on to one of our smaller slips, we took the time to mask off the upper cabin works and shoot grey paint on the hull of the Swift Boat. Here it is after the masks had been removed:

full

Next we sprayed the cabin exterior while they were still on the sprues, as well as other exterior accessories. This was done before the windows were put in. I remembered to take this pic only after having added the windows to the front of the cabin:

full

And the cabin is built! All the side walls were installed and adjusted as best as possible, but there are still a few discrepancies:

full

Later we dry-fit the cabin roof to see what fit issues we'd have to deal with. The top gunner's position was also completed, which included the mast already molded to one part of it:

full

I'm glad we completed the interior and tried to keep the windows as clear as possible. It doesn't show well in these pics, but you can see a lot of the interior through these big windows:

full

full

That completes our tour of the Shipyards, let's check in to the Motor Pool...

Here in the Motor Pool, we've been at least as busy as the shipyards were. 

The first thing we did was to shoot some base paint on the Geschutzwagen: 

full

Now to figure out the camouflage....

Meanwhile, we tried getting further ahead on the Rolls Royce armored car. We had shot a gloss on this car to prepare for decals. When I looked at the roundel decals that go on top of the turret, I noticed they did not print any white! So, we taped off the sides as best we could and shot some white on top of the turret:

full

Yeah, parts of it are pretty rough; but after some sanding to smooth it out, it won't be seen under the decal.

While that was drying, we added the markings to the rest of the car:

full

When the top of the turret was dry, we added the roundel to the top of the turret. In this pic it is still wet with the Solvaset:

full

Here it is all mocked up. There's going to be a bit of touch up to do:

full

Another thing we did was to paint the underside details with Oily Black just for fun:

full

Moving on, my Russian tank buildup is moving quite well so far. We'll be showcasing the next three by the steps we took.

First thing was the application of a basecoat of green...

T-54B:

full

T-55AM:

full

...and the T-80 UE:

full

Next step involved coating each of these with gloss for decals and a wash...

T-54B:

full

T-55AM:

full

T-80UE:

full

You can see we had a bit of trouble with the black paint on the photo-etch flaps.

Because the green was not quite the shade of green I wanted; we have added an overall wash of medium dark brown over the whole tank to act as a filter and wash...

T-54B:

full

T-55AM:

full

T-80UE:

full

That looked much better in my eyes. so, moving on from here we added the decal markings. So many of these were ridiculously easy. These tanks also all got dusted first before we could take the pics. I think the crews got over eager and took them out for test drives early...

T-54B:

full

T-55AM:

full

T-80UE:

full

Finally, the last breakable detail parts were added to these tanks...

T-54B:

full

T-55AM:

full

T-80UE:

full

After some detail painting and extra touch ups and enhancements, these beasties will be done!

The last projects on this tour of the Motor Pool are the final two Russian tanks I had in my stash. These are both ACE kits; the early ones before they went with the digital design. This first one is the Russian T-62 and we started on the lower hull tub:

full

Next we added the upper hull to this to hold everything together:

full

We then assembled the basic turret and used it to be sure the thing turns on the hull before adding any easily breaklable parts to it. After sanding the hull and turret a number of times, we had great movement:

full

Later we added the containers and boxes to the upper hull and installed the main gun on the turret:

full

Once that was done, the torsion bars went on:

full

It took some doing, but I believe we have all of them lined up well enough so all the wheels will touch the ground and they will all look straight once they get installed:

full

This last one is a unique tank that I'd never heard of before ACE brought it out. This is the Drakon IT-1 missile tank. Instead of a standard turret, they took a T-55 and gave it a smaller turret with a missile launching arm on it. After firing the missile, a hatch would open on the top of the turret, the launching arm would tilt up and drop into the turret where another missile would be loaded and the arm would swing back up to level again and fire it off. The Russians built some 100 of these before stopping production to focus on newer tank designs.

As before, the lower hull tub was assembled:

full

The basic turret was assembled and tested on the upper hull to make sure it turned well too. As before, it took a few sanding sessions to get it to turn smoothly:

full

As on the T-62, one of the torsion arms is supposed to be reversed, but the peg on the torsion arm would not allow the arm to fit properly in the hole on the tub. Thus on both tanks, we had to do the following adjustment so it would sit right:

full

The upper hull was then finished off:

full

We then added the hatches and the launching arm to the turret:

full

Here is everything mocked up again to see if the turret turned without interference from the cleaning rod holder. The missile it fires is sitting next to this:

full

All that's left for these last two tanks is to add the wheels and tracks before we can slap paint on them.

That concludes this tour of the facilities, thank you all for taking the time to tour us here and remember comments are welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back. This is gonna be a very short tour, at least compared to what I've done in the past. We won't even need the trams as everything happened in the Motor Pool. Let's go in and see what's happened this past week. It's air conditioned so the heat won't bother us.

We'll start with this Dragon M1128 Stryker MGS that I got. It went together so fast, I didn't even stop to take pics! 

Here it is after twenty minutes or so:

full

There were three pieces of photo-etch to put on this. One on the bottom, the other two on top:

full

This little thing is now ready for paint. Wow, only thirty five minutes of work. Now if things would cool down enough to start shooting paint... Until then, we went to work again on these. I could even consider them shelf queens of a sort since it's been about a year or so since we first started them. These are my Japanese mortar towing trucks; there are two kits inside the box. The first one had been built some time ago as an open topped vehicle with the mortar in firing position. The second one will be a closed topped one and towing the mortar. Here's where that one is right now:

full

Here they are together. These are both almost ready for paint now too:

full

Next up, we got the torsion bars on the IT-1 Drakon tank:

full

Later we added the roadwheels, but I apparently didn't get pics of that. I did get pics of the roadwheels installed on the T-62 though:

full

We then turned it over to check wheel alignment. Looks pretty good so far. We'll see how good when the tracks go on:

full

Meanwhile, we went to work adding the hatches and all the other bits and bobs to the turret to finish it up. When it came time for the grab handles, the instructions said to use copper wire. Well, I didn't want to mess with wire, so we pulled out my stash of styrene rod, chose a size that looked about right and then started installing them. We drilled holes in the turret sides and then measured out the length of rod and cut them to size. We bent the one end and then cemented it in one of the holes in the turret:

full

Later, when they were dry enough, we bent the other end and inserted it into the second hole as shown by one in the pic above. We had cut the styrene rod long enough that the tension caused from inserting the other end gave it a natural bend that looked perfect:

full

We then mocked up the whole tank to see how well it has come together so far:

full

Looking good so for if I do say so myself. After building all those T-64, T-72 and T-80 tanks with all the greeblies on them, I still say this turret is too empty! 

That be all for today; as I mentioned, it's a very short tour. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile, so time to start another tour. There's a bit more to show here so all aboard! 

We'll be diverting this tour slightly to stop by the parts warehouse first. There you'll see some of the behind the scenes work we've been doing to organize, condense and streamline all the excess parts that get left over or left off the various models that we do. We started with the small container holding pioneer tools and other accessories. They were all painted as best we could and then the many that were still attached to sprue parts were removed from them. That way, all the tools and accessories are free and ready for use. Before we started, the container was practically bulging from all the parts in it. After removing all the sprue parts, this is what we have:

full

The next box was the weapons box. This holds all the rifles, machine guns, hand held anti-tank rockets, tripod mounted weapons, mortars etc. Once again, they were painted and then most of them were removed from the sprue parts. Some of the sprue sets had ammo crates that are supposed to attach to the machine guns. They were put in that small glass vial at the top left. Again, before this, everything could barely fit due to the large quantity still attached to sprue parts. There's quite a bit more of them than the tools, but still, loads of room for more:

full

This is the small box containing the sprue parts we snipped off all those tools and weapons. They don't look like much, but they sure did take a lot of room:

full

That container is considerably deeper than that pic suggests. 

Wait till we start on my stowage parts box!

Okay, it doesn't matter much, but I just wanted to show why productivity has dropped lately. That took considerable time and was very needed. 

Now on to the production buildings where we finally did get a few more things moving forward. 

We'll start once again in the Hangar where one small project was started as a 'palette cleanser' so to speak. In here we got started on a German Horten flying wing. This is the new Revell boxing that we received as a gift. First part of course is the cockpit:

full

Here's a shot of the instrument panel that will be getting a decal later:

full

Then this was flipped and the engine exhaust cones were added:

full

On the bottom of part of the fuselage, the cannons were added and the framework around the forward landing gear bay I believe:

full

The wings were then assembled and now here is where we are before detail painting starts:

full

Now on to the Motor Pool. Lots was done here, starting with the finding of the missing wheels for the Rolls Royce Armored car:

full

These were later added to the car, but the front axle broke (it's a Roden!!!) so I didn't get any pics of them until after I'm sure it has dried solid enough to hold the car. 

Moving on, we went back to a Shelf Queen that had been sitting for three years now. The reason was because of the extreme (for me!) difficulty in mounting the wheels and suspension. I swear these must have been torn off and/or torn apart at least five times each time until we finally found out how they were supposed to go. I came to the conclusion the fenders we'd glued on earlier were causing all manner of trouble so we popped them off to finish this. Almost three hours hours after starting this again, here is the result:

full

Looks like a dead bug lying there like that. We had to reinstall several interior parts that had broken off in the fight to mount these right.

That was enough of that! I then set upon a much easier kit to do; this time it was a dual kit of two Japanese armored scout cars that we started. These are from the air self defense force, most likely used for perimeter patrol around air bases. They went together fast; here is where they ended up before I remembered to photograph them:

full

Later on we painted the interior with the base Green Drab using a brush. While we were at it, we also painted the bodies as well:

full

Next we painted the extra detail pieces (wheels, window frames, etc) to have them ready to install later:

full

That is where we left off on those. We then went back to the last two Russian tanks I have left to build. 

Starting with the Drakon IT-1, we installed the tracks on the wheels and sprockets. You can see this is one of ACE's earliest kits by the roughness of the molding:

full

full

Here it is all mocked up, ready for paint:

full

We later shot paint on this. I had found a rattle can of the Dark Green I use, and sprayed with it. That was an ordeal as the can would not stop spraying once it got started. Therefore we only sprayed an incomplete coat, while catching the remainder in a clean bottle to use later:

full

The next one was the T-62B. Tracks were installed here too, as well as fuel cans on the back end:

full

This got the rattle can treatment as well:

full

You can see we had started spraying this one as it has a more complete coat. 

That was a far as I could go with those so I decided we should start a couple more vehicles. Since we were doing tanks, it was time to get started on the last Leopard I need to complete the entire Leopard line...until they bring out a new version....

The torsion bars all had to be individually installed. While they were drying we assembled all the wheels while they were still on the sprues. You can see the start of that here:

full

Then the upper hull and rear plate were done with all the additions needed, including photo-etch:

full

Later the wheels were added, but we left the drive sprockets off until it was time to start the tracks:

full

The turret was completed next. I like how they molded the anti-slip coating right on the turret:

full

Here it is mocked up, almost ready for paint:

full

Finally, one last vehicle we started was this Trumpeter HEMMTT LHS (Load Handling System). I'd had it on my list of models to start so it was time.

Naturally, we started with the chassis; as always with these big trucks. Trumpeter's chassis was all one piece making it easier to assemble than the Modelcollect version of this type of truck:

full

Next was the interior of the cab.  Fast and easy:

full

Next we assembled the engine cover. Once again, Trumpeter molded the cover and deck it sits on as one piece, all that was needed was to add all the detail parts. Much simpler than Modelcollect, while not compromising any detail:

full

Next we assembled the load handling system itself. This was a bit difficult due to the vagueness of the diagram. Looks impressive though:

full

Then the bed of the LHS was added to complete it:

full

Finally, we assembled the container box...all two pieces of it. I then mocked it up on the truck; it fits well:

full

Moving on to our Shipyards, we find that the main gun turrets of the Italian battleship Vittorio Venetto have been completed:

full

First we checked how one of the small turrets sat on the deck:

full

We then test fitted one of the largest ones and the four smaller ones on the ship:

full

With her boats installed and the main turrets and superstructure mocked up in place, she was finally launched and sent to the dock for final fitting out:

full

There is still some photo-etch parts to add, as well as some other details. I also need to find the scout plane they say was packed in this kit, but I never saw it anywhere. I might just be overlooking it. Once most of these are added, we'll be able to start painting.

And that completes this tour for today. Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Once again, another short tour. Just haven't had enough bench time. Thanks to Hobby Day Mondays, I am able to catch up. This tour shows the latest progress we got done.

Starting in the Hangar, we have a project that was started as a dual build with another guy on another Forums who's also building the same plane in 1/48 scale. Mine is in 1/72 of course.

I started with the cockpit as usual, in particular the seat. This sub-assembly has nine parts in it and I still have to add the photo etch. The cockpit tub only has five parts:

full

Here they are mated together:

full

Letting that dry, we moved on to any other sub-assemblies we could do. The main landing gear bays needed to be assembled (3 parts each) and then we installed them inside the lower fuselage:

full

There's some pretty sharp detail in there:

full

After that, we completed the rear fuselage sans burner can. All that was needed was adding the tail feathers:

full

There it sits until we can get to the photo etch....

Meanwhile, over here in the Motor Pool; we took a look at the Rolls Royce armored car. The decals on the turret roof were flaking off. Apparently the Solvaset didn't work that well. So, I decided that we should try some chipping technique using some light black to cover the missing decal parts. It's my first time ever trying this, so it is certainly far from being as refined as the Masters:

full

That was almost done so we moved on to others. The Leopard 2A7 was almost completed before. This time, we finished adding the smoke dischargers to the turret and installing the tracks. This beastie is ready for paint:

full

Finally, my Stryker MGS was painted and the wheels installed:

full

Just have to add the decals and then weather this one and it will be done. 

That's it for this short tour. Once again, comments are welcome and thank you for taking the time to tour Maddog Manufacturing!

• 1 month later...

Finally I can start another tour after a month of being away. This is all work I did either before we had to clear the hangar for the B-24 commission build; or after it was done. 

Let's start in that Hangar....

The Horten's cockpit got painted:

full

We also painted the machine guns, not knowing if they were going to be visible:

full

Got the nose on. This pic is from before it was sanded smooth:

full

We then test fit the wings to see if there's any issues with the nose section:

full

Later we fastened the wings in place and closed up the cockpit:

full

Now that one is ready for masking and paint, so we moved on to the FJ-1 for my Pakistani Air Force. 

We finished off the cockpit tub and added it to one side of the forward fuselage pod:

full

Next this called for the addition of photo etch shrouds as well as a four-piece HUD assembly using two photo etch parts and two clear parts. I lost the provided clear parts, so we took some clear packaging; cut it to shape and used it instead. Remember; this is a 1/72 scale instrument panel and HUD:

width="800px" height="645px"https://modelersalliance.org/galleries/wip-pakistani-fc-1-fierce-dragon-va-jpg.129333/full[/IMG]

Here's a semi-closer shot of this, showing how poorly I did with the instrument decals and HUD:

full

That is a slightly larger than standard alligator clip, so you have a size reference.

Next we assembled the engine exhaust. This kit provided a full set of photo etch parts to build the engine with; but after the ordeal with the HUD; I opted for simple! 

full

Closed up the cockpit inside the forward fuselage pod; then added the HUD/instrument panel assembly; then cemented to the rear fuselage:

full

That don't look too half bad in there:

full

We then immediately added the canopy and windscreen to this to protect the HUD and ready this for paint:

full

Now we are done touring the Hangar, time to head to the Motor Pool....

Here in the Motor Pool, we finally started painting the SdKfz 234/4 with the stripes for the camouflage. This pic was taken after I realized I had already started the second color:

full

We then painted the gun shield. Looking at these pics; I saw for the first time where one of my cats jumped up and tried chewing on the barrel. Gonna have to see if I can fix that:

full

My Hobby Room door kept opening overnight, allowing the cats to explore without my supervision. I fixed that by removing the strike plate altogether; it doesn't open on it's own now! 

Moving on, while we were painting the SdKfz Pakwagen, we also added camouflage to the Geschutzwagen rail car. First the brown color:

full

Then the green:

full

Those two will be finished very soon. Meanwhile I felt like I wanted something simple and nostalgic. I pulled out this ancient ESCI ambulance and we got started, building the chassis first:

full

Then we built the cab, as much as we could and still paint the interior:

full

The box was next; this was simple, easy and fun:

full

This little thing is so close to paint now after about 15 minutes:

full

Next was a set of RAF Bomber Command resupply vehicles that we'd been tinkering with now and then adding a few pieces here and there between other projects. Well, these vehicles are now about ready for paint:

full

Then as the day was winding down, we decided to do a little upgrading to the factory floor, adding a few new tools and desks and such: These were from three kits I bought some years ago and finally found again, They are all resin and were quite difficult to build on some of these. First we built the compressor:

full

Then we did a lathe and a desk filled with tools and stuff; apparently is was overloaded. Gotta add a rear leg to that:

full

Finally a drill press and another desk, here shown with all the other previous pieces of equipment. We'll probably be tinkering with these between builds as well.

That concludes this tour. Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

And now for another tour of Maddog Manufacturing. This will be a bit of a short one so I hope you enjoy the tour.

Starting in the Hangar first as always....

First we decided to try out the MCW(?) paints, the ones formulated from the old Testor's Model Master recipe. I had some dark green to shoot on my models and this was a good time to try it out. It was already thinned for airbrushing which was great. What wasn't great was the coverage. It was too thin, showing too much bare plastic. The humidity that night caused it to also splatter I believe. Here is the result on the Horten Ho-229, after the canopy was masked:

full

The results are disappointing, but I will try again if I can get ahold of other colors. The same paint was used on the Leopard 2A7, with better results but that will be seen in the Motor Pool section of the tour.

Meanwhile, further preparation for paint went on. The Pakistani FJ-17 (Ha! Got one right for once!)  had the canopy masked off for paint; right after the Horten was masked:

full

Finally, I wanted  simple and easy project so we got started on the Airfix British Sea King that was found in my sale pile. You can't have too many British helicopters so we went to work on the interior.

full

That completes the short tour of the Hangar. Next is the Motor Pool...

Here in the Motor Pool, the Pakwagen got a clear gloss coat and decals on it. Good old Roden! They made these tiny crosses in two part decals!  You can also see where we fixed the bite marks somewhat:

full

Since the Pakwagen got a clear gloss and decals, we did the same for the Geschutzwagen. We had to 'wing it' with the decals, using spares from the spares stash because the original decal sheet went missing. Once it was found, the schematic showing where they were supposed to go disappeared. So this is what we did:

full

If I find the schematic later, we'll complete the decals on this...

As mentioned before, the Leopard got a coat of the MCW paint. While better than the Horten, it still did not cover this in a satisfactory manner. I also feel the color is off too:

full

That completes the tour of the Motor Pool, now we move on to the Shipyards where work continued on the Italian battleship.

Here in Slip Three the Vittorio Venetto got the decks painted. The main decks and superstructure decks got intermediate blue and the rear deck was painted wood:

full

The superstructure was then painted the light ghost grey called for and a seam on the forward part of the superstructure was filled and sanded smooth. Additional details were than painted afterward:

full

Photo etch was applied to the stacks as well as to the rear deck of the ship. I only shot pics of our work on the stacks:

full

While that was all drying, we completed the painting on the main and  large secondary turrets:

full

While the turrets were drying, the hull was painted light ghost grey. Once that dried, the upper part was masked and the the boot stripe was painted. That was then masked after it dried and Tamiya Hull Red was shot over the bottom:

full

Once that dried, we completed the painting of the screws and shafts:

full

And that concludes this week's tour of Maddog Manufacturing. I hope you had a good tour, comments are welcome always and thanks for looking in!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it has been a good long time since I posted anything here. Despite being super busy these past three weeks, I've kept production going at Maddog Manufacturing. In fact, I'm surprised we got this much done! 

Note: My camera has gone missing, it is somewhere in the house. I apologize in advance; these pics were all taken on my Iphone and are not up to the quality I'm used to. In a number of cases, you cannot see the variations in some of the camouflage patterns. 

This will be a long tour; I might even have to split it in two. So, all aboard the trams and remember to keep hands and feet inside at all times.

The first stop: the Hangar

On this Horten, I wanted a more deep green, especially since I didn't think we could replicate the splotchy look from before with the second camouflage color:

full

Next came the masking...

full

Then the painting of the second color. I know it is not the "correct" shade of grey, but it is a German grey and I'm making sure this gets finished instead of waiting for the right 'shade' of grey:

full

Off came the masking to see how well it looks:

full

It may not be 'accurate' but it's mine and I like it! 

Finally, we masked off the landing gear bays and the top to shoot the bottom color:

full

That will come later. I found a nice "Helblau" in my Model Master collection; this is the perfect time and model to use it.

Moving on to the next aircraft, we find that work as resumed on the Marine Harrier. It had been shot with two colors of grey on the topside already, so all that was needed was a shot of the final grey on the underside

full

All masking was then removed when it was dry and I am pleased with these results: 

full

I know it's tough to see in these pics, my phone camera doesn't pic them up as well, even after I have edited these. 

Nest we shot a gloss clear over it to prepare for the decals. All coating went on fine on the fuselage, but the upper wings wrinkled and peeled. It's a good thing we didn't cement the wings down on this, we got it masked and now the fix will be easier:

full

That's where this sits now. Lets move on to the next aircraft. 

Here is the Pakistani, FC-1 Fierce Dragon. It had already been primed black, so the first of the two colors went on, top and bottom:

full

Since this color has wavy borders, we applied the Silly Putty to the top and bottom:

full

full

The second lighter grey was shot next:

full

Again, despite my best efforts on the editing software, this color doesn't look the correct shade.

Once dry, the masks were removed. It did need a bit of touch up, but this was a great application in my opinion:

full

Later it was glossed and then the decals went on. Most of the stencils did not go on as they were too small to apply and looked like specks or blemishes more than stencils:

full

Next we find the Russian Ka-29 is finally back on the production queue. This got a third basecoat of blue since I was not happy with the previous color again. Then we started masking the darker blue grey for the second, lighter color:

full

I had called a halt to the Silly Putty masking because anytime we turned this one on it's side, the Silly Putty would catch on something and peel off. So, the top, the bottom and one side were masked and shot with the lighter blue:

full

Later when this dries, we will continue the masking on this side and shot the color again:

full

That completes the tour of the Hangar, now we can move on to the Shipyards....

Recently I acquired an old Airfix 1/72 scale Vospers MBT and couldn't wait to get started. The hull was laid down already. This hull comes in three pieces, two sides and the bottom:

full

That's as far as we got with that. However, my other small boat got a lot of work completed. First, masking was added to the upper superstructure and the hull which had already been painted:

full

The deck was then painted, followed by the bottom of the hull. I didn't get pics of the bottom paint though:

full

It called for Navy Blue Grey and it just so happened I had that exact color in my Model Master collection, so that is what I used.

Masking came off and we had near perfect results, certainly better than I expected!

full

Later on after a gloss coat, the decals went on. That includes the boot stripe:

full

It's beginning to look like we'll be able to launch this one soon, time permitting!

Finally, we move on to see the USS Sacramento. We painted a wide boot stripe on top of the lower hull and then masked it to make a boot stripe the thickness I wanted:

full

Definitely pleasing to me:

full

That completes the tour of the Shipyards, now on to the Motor Pool.....

In the Motor Pool this week, we continued on with a commission build for a friend who asked for this some time ago after a PzII was completed for him. This is his 1/35th scale Polish TKS, complete with a full interior which has not been completely added at this time:

full

Later we completed the interior. And just to show you how tiny this beastie really is, I built the officer (sans binoculars) and stood him next to the lower hull:

full

I don't know that I would want to go into combat in that little thing!

Moving on to my own subjects, we stop at this bay where the Leopard 2A7 is being worked on. As you might remember; I wasn't happy with this shade of green, nor the inconsistency of coverage:

full

We then went with the Mission Models Dark Green instead and got a better result:

full

Later on the other two camouflage colors were added:

full

...followed by a coat of clear gloss:

full

And finally the markings went on:

full

While that was being painted, the same process was done on the HEMMT LHS which was still in pieces to facilitate things better, at least for me:

First the basecoat:

full

Then the second and third colors:

full

We didn't forget the lower front of the cab:

full

There was surprisingly little additional patches to paint on this. Maybe it was because of all the colors on the Leopard.

Gloss coat was sprayed on the dry-fit parts next: again, sorry for the poor photo:

full

Decals followed. This should be ready for full assembly very soon...

full

That completes the tour of the Motor Pool, you may disembark from the trams now and thank you all for coming in! Comments are always welcome.  

Well, it's been a couple weeks and I have enough for another tour. Feel free to board the trams again for this latest ride through the plant.

Starting in the Hangar again....

In this bay, the Horten got the bottom color sprayed on:

full

Here it is clear coated for decals:

full

full

Don't worry, the color isn't different on the bottom, it's my phone camera...

Decals next:

full

full

full

Speaking of decals, in this bay we had an issue with this one on the top wing of the JF-17 Thunder:

full

We used Navy Blue Grey on that and it matched so closely you can barely tell!

She got legs! Landing gear was installed next:

full

Later on they were painted:

full

In this final bay, We managed to get decals applied to the AH-1Z Cobra:

full

Some additional detail painting was done too. 

Time to load up now. Pylons got loaded with weapons, and the tail rotor and the landing skids were installed:

full

The next pics you see of this bird will be after my Marines take delivery of it. 

Moving on to the Shipyards, there wasn't much done except for one boat. The Swift Boat got the top of the cabin installed into place:

full

Later on, additional details were added:

full

Guns were mounted later, as well as a few other detail parts installed, but the next pics you dee will be after she launches.

Finally, there is one thing in the Motor Pool to see. We got the 20' container for the HEMMTT Load Handling System painted:

full

Yeah, that's it here. More will be shown later as things move forward. 

It was a bit of a short tour, so thank you for coming along. Comments are welcome.

• 10 months later...
On 11/15/2023 at 2:48 PM, Jmarc said:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYes sir ... just can't get anought !!

I guess not, considering this is all last year's work! LOL! Thank you for stopping in and commenting. These were some fun models to build; I'm so thrilled to have all the completed ones in my collection.